Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

not only did you hit it on the #10 reason, but i think that 1/1 loses even more uniqueness when everyone considers the following a 1/1 too: 1. the player's jersey number. 2. the last card in the run 3. any odd or random number that is affiliated with the player (for example the number of touchdowns he scored in a season. who cares?)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

ill give you one that drove me nuts a long time ago - 1998 Zenith. Remember the dare to tear concept? That was the predecessor of rip cards - and i hated that stupid product

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good article. I don't think those are all bad ideas - most of them I like. It is just often the way they were implemented, as you suggest. I agree with redemptions being #1. Good analogy/metaphor there although I can see why occasionally redemptions might be necessary. There are just too many of them.

I hate the expired part too or replacing cards with other cards. I sent some cards in to topps including an expensive redemption that I traded for. I thought the person was sending the original but they sent the expired redemption - aarrrrghhh. The trader was dishonest (I believe) but I was lazy and careless - should have done my homework on that. I tried sending that one and a few other small redemption cards that I forgot to redeem in to topps but they just sent them back, stating they were expired(should have written a letter).

Another time I bought a redemption for an auto RC that I needed for a set and they replace it with other cards only to later send that card to other people(guess he was slow in signing).

I like some parallels, especially refractors but I agree that it has got a little out of hand and can be confusing.

I liked printing plates when they were not common but these days it seems like almost every product has tons of them. A true 1/1 printing plate would be nice but I like how it shows how they combine the colours/inks (magenta, cyan, and two others -can't remember).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ghurls12's Items on eBay

great read...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See marcus0202's Items on eBay

Good article. I'm not sure I agree with #6 though, ever since there have been baseball cards, there have been multisport sets. See, e.g., 1888 Allen & Ginter, 1926 Spalding, 1932 U.S. Caramel, 1933 Sport Kings, 1951 Berk Ross, 1992 Classic 4-Sport...just to name a few.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Good article. I'm not sure I agree with #6 though, ever since there have been baseball cards, there have been multisport sets. See, e.g., 1888 Allen & Ginter, 1926 Spalding, 1932 U.S. Caramel, 1933 Sport Kings, 1951 Berk Ross, 1992 Classic 4-Sport...just to name a few.

Excellent point!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spartanguy2005's Items on eBay

haha funny but true read

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spartanguy2005's Items on eBay

this years ud heros football had mixed sports, i pulled a freaking surfers card

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the Allen & Ginter set. I don't collect baseball and haven't bought any of it but like what I have seen (creative) online. I like how it includes famous people outside of sports and the invisible man and animal hairs and George Washington hair are kind of gimmicky but cool. Don't know if I would want that Washington hair though(kind of eerie).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast