Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I will congratulate you Americans for owning the podium when it comes to medals. While Canada did break records for Gold medals, it may not be big in your eyes since you broke records for most, which may not be big in our eyes. So congratulations to you on that!

Just remember though, Canada has $34 million people, while the US has $300 million people. Maybe you can cut us some slack for not complimenting you on breaking your old record??? You were bound to do it anyways!

USA had like 6 more Olympians.... It doesn't matter how many people live in the countries. Stop using that excuse.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See v3rs3's Items on eBay

I will congratulate you Americans for owning the podium when it comes to medals. While Canada did break records for Gold medals, it may not be big in your eyes since you broke records for most, which may not be big in our eyes. So congratulations to you on that!

Just remember though, Canada has $34 million people, while the US has $300 million people. Maybe you can cut us some slack for not complimenting you on breaking your old record??? You were bound to do it anyways!

The population doesn't have a huge factor in this. I bet out of the 300 million people, Canada still has more people who have actually even participated in a winter sport. Just go to Florida, I'm sure 7/10 people there will tell you they have never even seen snow. I've known plenty of people like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Real classy!

Way to go Canada, who Owns the Podium?

CANADA

Ummmmmmmmmm actually USA USA USA owns the podium, check the medal count!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

USA had like 6 more Olympians.... It doesn't matter how many people live in the countries. Stop using that excuse.

You may have had only 6 more Olympians but the pool you get to draw your Olympians from is 10 times larger than ours, so i would expect you to put together a stronger Olyimpic team than most.

Congrats to all Athlete's who qualified for the games
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

either way it was a good olympics for both countries. yes, they had about the same number of olympians at the games. the US has a larger pool to choose from but all of Canada lives in wintery conditions nearly half the year so it goes both ways.

finland only has 5 million in the entire country and they won a bunch of medals.

personally, i think the olympics didn't get off to a great start but i was glad to see them improve in the second week. between bad weather and equipment malfunctions and a poor first week for the home country it didn't start out great, but it seemed to smooth out in the second week and as soon as Canada backed off the "own the podium" thing it seemed to take the pressure off and they performed much better.

frankly, i'm a once every four year viewer for most of these sports but i am glad that the hockey tournament was well played and for the most part w/o any real issues.

now back to the season and my favorite time of year - playoff hockey.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See quadacejj's Items on eBay

You may have had only 6 more Olympians but the pool you get to draw your Olympians from is 10 times larger than ours, so i would expect you to put together a stronger Olyimpic team than most.

Congrats to all Athlete's who qualified for the games

Ugh, thank you. I kept typing and re-typing on how to explain this!!

Most events you are only allowed 4 competitors... and the rest what Waf said!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See snhanso's Items on eBay

Completely Irrelevant. If this was true, then India and China would have the greatest hockey teams ever. In fact, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nigeria should have AWESOME winter olympic teams too...because they have huge populations to choose athletes out of too, right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

but can you really count folks that live in the southern part of the country? that's the other side of the argument. hockey is the perfect example - there are the same number of hockey players (just about) in Canada as there are in the US.
    you could argue that the US has a greater population to pick from, but the US could argue that our best athletes are playing basketball and football.

do we really want to compare countries? does it really matter who is better at cross counry skiing? is this really a good road to take? isn't it enough to say it was a good game/tournament and get back to watching real hockey?

let's face it - Olympic hockey isn't "real". the teams are only together for two weeks with one day of practice. there were some great games and it was fun to watch but it isn't like it used to be when teams were together for months and it wasn't played by professionals (except for the soviets).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Captngeetch's Items on eBay

Ok people.....let it go....The Candians won Gold, the US won silver...it was a great game...the US didn't lay down and get routed, they fought to the end..THAT is it...before this gets uglier...this thread is done

Congrats on the Win Canada

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819