Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

And I definitely agree the Republicans are trying to use it to their advantage. Palin saying the Tea Party is great, but eventually you have to choose Republican or Democrat. Romney said Tea Partiers should vote Republican. They trying to completely dodge the point. And most probably will...and it's hard to really blame them. Yes, I want a change in Washington (not Obama's kind!)...but it's hard to pull the lever for a 3rd party knowing they most likely have a snowball's chance in hell and you're basically giving a vote to the Democrat candidate.

And thats a big, big problem. When you have all these people voting for Obama because 1) Celebrities do 2) He's trying to give to the poor 3) He wants to grant citizenship 4) People love the idea of a black or minority president 5) He is a great speaker 6) Just the fact that he is a Democrat, then you have a lot of fight against.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

But the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were buoyed by the pretext of war. Were we to launch a strike against Iran, a nation who's general populous doesn't really have a lot of animosity towards us, it is essentially an act of terrorism. It would be tough to justify a war against Iran, when we're already a bit of a war-weary nation. We couldn't say that we were attempting to save Israel, because short of some remarks by Mahmoud, they aren't doing anything to Israel. We can't confuse insane dictators with a general population that feels nothing towards us (see: Iraq, Panama, Chile, etc).

Like I've said, in 30 years, nobody has gotten it right. I'm not sure I agree with the way Obama is handling it too, but it the same time, if I were in that position, I'm not sure what I would do. It's all crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Poll shows Obama, Dems losing ground

I guess that is "change"...not really the kind we were promised though.

To be fair, Fox News has their audience in such an uproar of course there is a dramatic shift.

Now if Fox news would stop with the fake crying BS like we see with Beck then people might not be terrified when there is no reason to be.

Murdoch is on video saying he uses his media empire to influence public opinion, and that's exactly what he's doing now.

If we want to know what the rest of the world thinks, maybe we should start polling them instead.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a registered Democrat, I would like to issue a formal apology on behalf of Nancy Pelosi. Upon her graduation from the Joseph Biden school of Incoherent Babbling, she has started talking exclusively out of her backside.

Please let her not be indicative of all members of my party, as we are predominately a tactful and understanding people.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

And thats a big, big problem. When you have all these people voting for Obama because 1) Celebrities do 2) He's trying to give to the poor 3) He wants to grant citizenship 4) People love the idea of a black or minority president 5) He is a great speaker 6) Just the fact that he is a Democrat, then you have a lot of fight against.

Oh definitely. I pulled the lever against Obama, not for McCain. I want to vote third party in 2012, but I want to vote Obama out more...so I'm not sure what I'm going to do there. It comes down to a decision between principles and practicality.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

But the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were buoyed by the pretext of war. Were we to launch a strike against Iran, a nation who's general populous doesn't really have a lot of animosity towards us, it is essentially an act of terrorism. It would be tough to justify a war against Iran, when we're already a bit of a war-weary nation. We couldn't say that we were attempting to save Israel, because short of some remarks by Mahmoud, they aren't doing anything to Israel. We can't confuse insane dictators with a general population that feels nothing towards us (see: Iraq, Panama, Chile, etc).

Like I've said, in 30 years, nobody has gotten it right. I'm not sure I agree with the way Obama is handling it too, but it the same time, if I were in that position, I'm not sure what I would do. It's all crazy.

Yeah, we definitely can't go to war with Iran. Even if we pull out of Iraq, it still wouldn't be feasible. But there's the possibility of surgical strikes to eliminate the nuclear program. Even Democratic presidents have used them before (Clinton) and it would greatly minimize civilian casualties. The nuclear program is the offender here, so a specific attack on it instead of the country as a whole would make more sense to me.

And I know it has backfired in the past as I pointed out, but perhaps we could back a movement to get Mousavi and the Green Movement into power, as they have a lot of support from the citizens. And there have been rumblings that we are already working to that end, but obviously nothing has come of it yet and, also obviously, we're not going to openly admit it. But if that did happen, who knows what Mousavi would do in the next 5-10 years...it could be more of the same or worse.

To be fair, Fox News has their audience in such an uproar of course there is a dramatic shift.

Now if Fox news would stop with the fake crying BS like we see with Beck then people might not be terrified when there is no reason to be.

Murdoch is on video saying he uses his media empire to influence public opinion, and that's exactly what he's doing now.

If we want to know what the rest of the world thinks, maybe we should start polling them instead.

Actually, most of it isn't fake...there are a lot of people who are genuinely mad at what President Obama is doing. I'm one and I don't watch or listen to one minute of Fox News.

And also to be fair, for the one station that constantly blasts Obama, there are 3-4 that constantly lick his boots...the amount of airtime in Obama's favor is still greatly more than the amount of airtime against him.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As a registered Democrat, I would like to issue a formal apology on behalf of Nancy Pelosi. Upon her graduation from the Joseph Biden school of Incoherent Babbling, she has started talking exclusively out of her backside.

Please let her not be indicative of all members of my party, as we are predominately a tactful and understanding people.

I think that's one of the biggest problems with the Democratic party right now. There are a lot of Democrats who appropriately represent a large portion of the American people...but they happen to be led by a small group of ultra left misfits who are only in it for themselves and their agendas. Pelosi, Reid, Frank, and some others need to be voted out ASAP for the Democratic party to regain some semblance of widespread acceptance. Pelosi is the least popular member of the entire Congress from one of the most liberal districts in the country, yet she is the one in control....not a good combination.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, we definitely can't go to war with Iran. Even if we pull out of Iraq, it still wouldn't be feasible. But there's the possibility of surgical strikes to eliminate the nuclear program. Even Democratic presidents have used them before (Clinton) and it would greatly minimize civilian casualties. The nuclear program is the offender here, so a specific attack on it instead of the country as a whole would make more sense to me.

And I know it has backfired in the past as I pointed out, but perhaps we could back a movement to get Mousavi and the Green Movement into power, as they have a lot of support from the citizens. And there have been rumblings that we are already working to that end, but obviously nothing has come of it yet and, also obviously, we're not going to openly admit it. But if that did happen, who knows what Mousavi would do in the next 5-10 years...it could be more of the same or worse.

Exactly. That's the kind of stuff that makes this such a sensitive situation. It's the way it was in Chile back in the 70s when we basically killed Allende and installed Augusto Pinochet as the dictator, which ended up being more dangerous than Allende ever was. It's the enemy we know vs. the one we don't. However, American coups are almost common in the post-WWII age, but I'm not sure we've ever faced a leader quite like Ahmedinijad. I just wonder what would happen if the coup against him failed. If it would, then we're looking at a potential war between two nuclear powers. I'm not sure I want a part of that.

Going back to what you had said about economic sanctions, I agree that it wouldn't work against the powers that be in Iran, however, I do think they cause a rift between the government and the Iranian people. That rift could become powerful enough to garner another Iranian revolt, because like I've said, the economy is the biggest issue to the populous (shocking!). This may sound terrible, but the poorer they get, then the angrier they get. The angrier they are, the more likely a shift in power would occur. It's by no means foolproof, but it may not be a terrible idea.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cali Sen who votes against gay right is gay

Out of the closet but stuck in his voting pattern

Why would a gay politician vote against gay rights?

That describes the voting record of California state Sen. Roy Ashburn, who came out Monday in an interview with a radio talk show.

"I am gay ... those are the words that have been so difficult for me for so long," Ashburn, a Republican, told KERN radio in Bakersfield, California.

The revelation from the 55-year-old father of four came after he was arrested last week, accused of driving a state-owned vehicle under the influence of alcohol. He had left a gay bar in Sacramento.

"I've always believed that I could keep my personal life personal and my public life public, but through my own actions, I have made my personal life public, and I owe an explanation to my own constituents," he said.

Ashburn has largely opposed gay rights legislation, according to votesmart.org., a nonpartisan, nonprofit political research library.

Last year, he voted against a bill to recognize out-of-state, same-sex marriages and against a bill proclaiming May 22 as "Harvey Milk Day," named after the first openly gay man elected to public office in California.

Equality California, a group that works for gay rights, said on its Web site that Ashburn "has consistently received a zero percent" on its legislative scorecards since 2004, with the exception of 2007, when he scored 10 percent.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nevada Tea Party candidate planted by Harry Reid?

A Tea Party Fake?

It's a grassroots protest movement composed of the newly politicized and people distru™™™™l of hierarchy. So how is it possible to be an illegitimate Tea Party member?

Ask Republicans in Nevada. Some are accusing Jon Scott Ashjian, a new Tea Party candidate running for U.S. Senate, of being a fake. The allegation? He was put in the race by agents of Senate Majority leader Harry Reid to siphon votes from the GOP.

"No doubt about it", says Danny Tarkanian, one of the many Republican senate candidates hoping to challenge Reid in November. "Nobody in the Tea Party knows who he is. He didn't know any of the principles of the Tea Party," Tarkanian tells CNN. He even accuses "Harry Reid's staff, campaign, whatever" of picking Ashjian because he's Armenian, as is Tarkanian. He explains, "They know the Armenians are very close they'll vote for each other"...

...Its clear why Lowden and Tarkanian would be concerned. A recent poll conducted for the Las Vegas Review-Journal indicates Lowden and Tarkanian each beating Reid in one-on-one hypothetical general election matchups. But add a Tea Party candidate on the ballot and that siphons off enough conservative votes to give Reid a narrow victory. According to the survey Reid would grab 36 percent of the vote, the Republican candidate 32 percent and the Tea Party candidate 18 percent in a possible three way showdown.

So the conspiracy theories abound from Tea Party activists and worried Republicans: Ashjian's never attended Tea Party rallies; he hasn't coordinated with local organizers; the secretary of his Tea Party of Nevada, Barry Levinson, is a registered Democrat. Levinson, tells CNN "I vote the person not the party" and calls the accusations "political garbage."

But to critics it's all proof Ashjian is, in the words of a Nevada tea party activist and blogger Ned Barrett running a "false flag operation."

Interesting. I think the Republicans may be trying to take advantage of the Tea Party in a different way from what we've seen everywhere else. It's very possible a "nobody" decided to join the race without being noticed at Tea Parties...but it is odd that Tarkanian says "He didn't know any of the principles of the Tea Party." He needs to be grilled on that front, to determine if he really holds Tea Party beliefs or is just using it to his advantage.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast