Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I would just vote once and I want to see our site win as much as anyone but not to the point of bending the rules. I don't care about the prizes, I just wanted our site to be recognized as one of the best. I've been a member on this site for the past seven years or so and it is the best, IMHO, but I'm not going to degrade other sites for the benefit of ours. We're all in it for the same purpose, to have fun. Which I think has gotten lost in all the mess.

Very well-stated. I wish more shared your view.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

So if you vote once on your computer and then a day later on your phone is that allowed?

That is not it. The poll was set up with two options to prevent voters from voting more than once:
    http://www.yourfreepoll.com/create.php

• Count each IP only once (be warned that several different people may really have the same IP)
    • Use Cookies (Normally you do not want to turn it off, unless you intentionally wish same voters to vote many times in the same poll)

Upper Deck selected both as an option with the intend of one vote per person (or else they wouldn't have selected the cookie option). The first IP option makes it so you can only vote once based on IP. The second options makes is so a cookie is placed on your computer. There is open details (pushing opening) that people are clearing their computer and voting every 24 hours (the IP option only blocks you 24 hours, the cookie blocks you from voting more than once). This has allowed some to gain 100s of votes every 24 hours. Since we have NOT promoted the clearing of cookies we are likely losing 500+ votes a day.

I've e-mail Upper Deck and asked them to look into this "cookie cleaning". I asked them to make a decision whether is it legal or not because SCF has likely lost 1,000+ votes while others are gaining 100s. Until you hear from Upper Deck or me posting their decision please consider cookie cleaning illegal. We will win this the legal way or not win it at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is not it. The poll was set up with two options to prevent voters from voting more than once:
    http://www.yourfreepoll.com/create.php

• Count each IP only once (be warned that several different people may really have the same IP)
    • Use Cookies (Normally you do not want to turn it off, unless you intentionally wish same voters to vote many times in the same poll)

Upper Deck selected both as an option with the intend of one vote per person (or else they wouldn't have selected the cookie option). The first IP option makes it so you can only vote once based on IP. The second options makes is so a cookie is placed on your computer. There is open details (pushing opening) that people are clearing their computer and voting every 24 hours (the IP option only blocks you 24 hours, the cookie blocks you from voting more than once). This has allowed some to gain 100s of votes every 24 hours. Since we have NOT promoted the clearing of cookies we are likely losing 500+ votes a day.

I've e-mail Upper Deck and asked them to look into this "cookie cleaning". I asked them to make a decision whether is it legal or not because SCF has likely lost 1,000+ votes while others are gaining 100s. Until you hear from Upper Deck or me posting their decision please consider cookie cleaning illegal. We will win this the legal way or not win it at all.

No, I don't even know how to cookie clean, lol, but could you vote on your computer one day then the next day on your phone?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No, I don't even know how to cookie clean, lol, but could you vote on your computer one day then the next day on your phone?

It is all based on your IP address. If your phone is on a cell network it has a different IP than your computer. If you use WiFi on your phone it will depend on if that WiFi network has voted yet.

No, I don't even know how to cookie clean, lol,

Now you see the disadvantage we are at? Some are teaching/training their members how to clean their cookies and vote once a day. If I don't hear back from Deck we will lose yet another day to the "Cookie Capers." :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

47 votes behind. If you haven't voted please vote.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is all based on your IP address. If your phone is on a cell network it has a different IP than your computer. If you use WiFi on your phone it will depend on if that WiFi network has voted yet.

Now you see the disadvantage we are at? Some are teaching/training their members how to clean their cookies and vote once a day. If I don't hear back from Deck we will lose yet another day to the "Cookie Capers." :)

Lol, I did vote on my phone the next day, I didn't mean could you, I basically meant should you, or is that cheating, because its not always about winning, and we are less than 1% away from Freedomcardboard in the poll.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool

I'm so confused on this whole thing now, with yesterdays uproar, cant we just have a friendly vote? (Yes its wishfull thinking) and not bash other sites?

Awesome post.

I would just vote once and I want to see our site win as much as anyone but not to the point of bending the rules. I don't care about the prizes, I just wanted our site to be recognized as one of the best. I've been a member on this site for the past seven years or so and it is the best, IMHO, but I'm not going to degrade other sites for the benefit of ours. We're all in it for the same purpose, to have fun. Which I think has gotten lost in all the mess.

You said it! Other sites/communities are cool too--they all have something going for them, otherwise they wouldn't have any members.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

quinn16, we see that you've been an SCF member since June 2008 with over 2300 posts and 78 positive feedback! Thank you for being an active SCF member and for helping fellow SCF members grow their collection. We're glad SCF has helped you grow your collection. We respect your trading site preferences but respectfully request that you show some emotional control in future posts if that's not asking too much. Happy trading!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jesus Christ is just a contest. Stop crying about it like a baby. Yestraday you said you were done with this. Today your acting like a total goof over it.

All this has turned into is a ™™™™ fight both sites just need to chill out. Its not like becuase you win some stupid poll your going to gain 100k members or anything like that.

There is truth to that so I can take it! I agree that I'm putting way too much emphasis on this poll. I can see this is causing some frustration with members and will just wait for Upper Deck's response.

Lol, I did vote on my phone the next day, I didn't mean could you, I basically meant should you, or is that cheating, because its not always about winning, and we are less than 1% away from Freedomcardboard in the poll.

We will not promote voting multiple times! Work on getting out the vote instead.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

who cares? we all know this is one of the best sites on the net, we dont need some UD poll to tell us that...

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast