Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Swimming PC - Showing it Off :)

I know we don't really have a forum for this kind of stuff, but I just wanted to show off some of my swimmer autographs. I'm still (and constantly) looking for a michael phelps auto, haha.

Amanda Beard Swimsuit Auto

Amy Van Dyken Auto

Gary Hall Jr. Auto

Gary Hall Jr. Swim Cap Relic

Ian Thorpe Auto

Janet Evans Auto

Jenny Thompson Auto

Lynne Cox Auto (cold water swimmer)

Lynne Cox Swim Cap Relic

Mark Spitz Auto

Matt Biondi Auto

Summer Sanders Auto

I have an album with some surfers (5 to 6 famous ones) and a snowboarder (Hannah Teter) and skiier (Jeremy Bloom) autographs along with these swimmers in my Personal Collection section of the bucket:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...%20Surf%20Ski/

If anyone has info on other swimmer stuff, I'd be very very interested!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See marcus0202's Items on eBay

Very nice collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

is there something available out there for Natalie Coughlin?

I remember seeing her book, she is just gorgeous

oh and here are the items I got back signed by Amanda Beard

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See webstersjk's Items on eBay

Very, very sweet cards. Interesting collection. Keep going with it! Don't forget to post you new additions. Looking forward to seeing this collection grow!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Duane! I haven't seen anything of Coughlin certified from major card manufacturers - doesn't mean its not out there, just that I'm not looking all that hard, sorry. Been super busy trying to study for board exams and all (2nd year med student, ugh).

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've added a few more cards that I'd like to show off. Mattf put me on the trail to some Olympics cards that are kind of neat, the whole 99 card set can be had for <$10 so that's a bonus.

1910 Hassan Budd Goodwin

Mark Spitz Worn Swimsuit (at least that is what the material looks like)

And some examples of the 1983 Olympics Cards (there are 24 swimmers!)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just thought I'd put my surfer autos up now, as this is kind of the same niche:

Corky Carroll

Gerry Lopez

Kelly Slater (this one is from sorianofan22, I also have a 16x11 autograph of him surfing a sweet pipe in my entryway)

Laird Hamilton

Mike Parsons

Tom Curren

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See marcus0202's Items on eBay

There are three well-known swimmers in 1933 Sport Kings you may want to pick up - Duke Kahanamoku (most famous as a surfer), Johnny Weissmuller (played Tarzan) and Helene Madison.

John Marshall broke 28 world swimming records:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the heads up. I almost bid on a Sportkings Kahanamoku a few days ago (it had a hole punched through the side, lol) but there was a mini bidding war over it and I didn't want to pay that much for such a compromised condition card.

I've thought about some of the german card sets from the same era, and they also feature Weissmuller and Madison (among others). I'm not super into vintage stuff, but I'll pick it up when the price is right, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just got done with our licensing exam, and wanted to show off the "crowning jewel" of our swimming auto collection, courtesy of faji23:

Michael Phelps auto /99

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pipesgallore420's Items on eBay

oh man, those laird hamilton cards are freaking sic! Very nice! I like those more than the phelps but that is sweet as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast