Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

Zobrist is possibly the nicest athlete I have ever met. Really a great guy. Congrats on the successes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Had the opportunity to get to the Braves/Rockies game last night at Turner Field. I had purchased a Rockies Replica helmet, hoping to snag a couple sigs as the Rockies are one of my favorite teams. Have two great stories from the night.

First, as we got there, my son, Keaton, and I split from my wife and daughter, Kedzie, and headed down to the Rockies side of the field. My wife and daughter, along with some other friends headed to our seats down the first base line. The Braves were taking Batting practice, were pretty gracious, tossed a few balls to kids in the outfield. As they are finishing up, the Braves start walking down the first base line and rookie pitcher, Scott Proctor walks over by my wife, daughter and friends. He took a minute to sign for our friends, but my wife didn't have anything for him to sign. So he looked at my daughter and said, "How about you give me your autograph?" He chatted with my wife for a few minutes as Kedzie autographed his hat, and explained he had a daughter about Kedzie's age at home. He also saw a Mickey Mouse bracelet on Kedzie's wrist (we are making our way home from Disney), and told my wife he was from Orlando. Super great guy. I had the camera over by me, but my wife managed to snap a couple photos on her phone. I'll get one posted up when I get home.

Meanwhile, my son and I were getting shut out over by the Rockies. Many walked by, said hi and were really friendly, but didn't stop over. My wife and daughter wandered over and the next thing I know is a player walks over and starts signing... and it's Carlos Gonzalez! Carlos signed for everyone, even signed multiples for everyone... and I was on the end away from him. I was worried he'd walk away before I had the chance, but he eventually made his way down. Signed my helmet, and a program for my son, but then posed for pictures with all of us as well. He even picked up Kedzie to pose! Absolutely awesome.

That was my only success of the night, but it was a great one! I'll post pics when I get home this weekend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derk2428's Items on eBay

Scott Procter isn't a rookie. He played for the Dodgers and Yankees and would always sign. Nice to see he's still that way.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oops. My bad. I know he made my daughter's day.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here's the link to the pics of Car Go and Proctor on my site. I'm going to get a few of them printed out to send to each of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had the opportunity to get to the Braves/Rockies game last night at Turner Field. I had purchased a Rockies Replica helmet, hoping to snag a couple sigs as the Rockies are one of my favorite teams. Have two great stories from the night.

First, as we got there, my son, Keaton, and I split from my wife and daughter, Kedzie, and headed down to the Rockies side of the field. My wife and daughter, along with some other friends headed to our seats down the first base line. The Braves were taking Batting practice, were pretty gracious, tossed a few balls to kids in the outfield. As they are finishing up, the Braves start walking down the first base line and rookie pitcher, Scott Proctor walks over by my wife, daughter and friends. He took a minute to sign for our friends, but my wife didn't have anything for him to sign. So he looked at my daughter and said, "How about you give me your autograph?" He chatted with my wife for a few minutes as Kedzie autographed his hat, and explained he had a daughter about Kedzie's age at home. He also saw a Mickey Mouse bracelet on Kedzie's wrist (we are making our way home from Disney), and told my wife he was from Orlando. Super great guy. I had the camera over by me, but my wife managed to snap a couple photos on her phone. I'll get one posted up when I get home.

You gotta be kiddin' me!

The EXACT same thing with Proctor happened to my brother!
    He didn't have anything for Scott to sign so he took off his cap and asked if he would sign it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

dave, go to my website and check out my blog, you will love the andre dawson story
    www.jamheat67.webs.com

Jim

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Spent this past Saturday at the 88 Wayz Corn Maze Daze to benefit Dez Clark's foundation here in the Chicago area. There were a number of former Bears in attendance, as well as Montell Griffin (fomer WBC Light Heavyweight Champ), Andrew Givens (former Bronco), and a couple local radio personalities. The interaction of the guys with the crowd was great, Alex Brown is a riot! Anyway, walked away with 26 autographs between me and my kids. Broke out a new custom design for the event. Had a great time!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have been fortunate to become friends with Desmond Clark, and I took a ride up to Vernon Hills, Illinois a couple weeks back for a taping of his radio show which he and Alex Brown podcast. They had Mr. Urlacher on the show and I was able to get a sig from him after their set was complete. The poster comes from a set my wife bought me about 8 years ago and is the second of them I have signed (I also have Mike Ditka). Couldn't be more stoked about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That. Is. Awesome.

And I hate the Bears. Congrats!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast