Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Cancer Prevention - Green Tea and Japanese Mushrooms

Within the past year I've lost one family member to cancer and had another on go through brain surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. I've read a few books and done a lot of research to help come up with a diet to prevent cancer for myself and my daughter. I highly recommend people by the book "Anti-Cancer: a New Way of Life."

One of the most interesting facts what what Green Tea can do to prevent most cancers, specifically breast cancer. The benefits are compounded with Japanese mushroom consumption and reduced sugar intake. Here are a few good articles on the subject. A few minutes a day can reduce the chance of getting breast cancer by 80% or more!

http://nutrition.suite101.com/articl..._breast_cancer

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60L57120100122

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

That's incredible. I already drink green tea on a regular basis anyway, so this wouldn't be too hard for me to do. Helps that green tea tastes pretty darn good!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I drink green tea each day also (and I take the extract). I heard using the entire, higher-quality leaves tastes much better than what one typically buys at the store (I buy the typical junk quality stuff. I should probably get some nicer quality green tea). It has tons of health benifits. I'll definitely look into the mushrooms!
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games. Always looking for 86-87 Fleer basketball - even commons - the more, the better :) Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I drink green tea each day also (and I take the extract). I heard using the entire, higher-quality leaves tastes much better than what one typically buys at the store (I buy the typical junk quality stuff. I should probably get some nicer quality green tea). It has tons of health benifits. I'll definitely look into the mushrooms!

Everything I've read points to the higher quality Japanese Green Tea as being the best for you EGCG.

The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke.

http://chinesefood.about.com/library.../aa011400a.htm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blazin_pyro's Items on eBay

Good information. Anything to help anyone from getting the dreaded disease of cancer is a plus.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Good information. Anything to help anyone from getting the dreaded disease of cancer is a plus.

From what I've read and experienced, everyone (young and old) has cancer cells in their body. Every day there is a war and your body naturally kills cancer cells or keeps them in check. It is what you do in your every day life that either helps feed, keep in check or kill cancer. Cancer cells are simply a mutation of your cells. It can take some 25 years for a tumor to grow big enough to get noticed. By the time you get diagnosed with cancer it was likely in your body for years!

There are things you can do to start the cell mutations like smoking, drinking alcohol and putting other carcinogens/impurities in your system (i.e. too much exposure to the sun, etc). Then there are ways to feed the cancer like lots of sugars, inflammation, etc. Then their are ways to destroy cancer like eating fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants and foods that prevent inflammation. Also, exercise and stress management are important as well!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome. Let me know which green tea product you end up choosing. A lot of people who go for the high-quality tea leaves order offline, since every city doesn't have a nice tea place.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Most recently I purchased "Haiku Organic Japanese Tea". It comes in a box. I ran out of the higher-end one that cam in tea bag form, but in a pouch.

Basically, you will be paying about 50 cents per tea bag. It sounds like a lot, but don't you pay like $2 for a cup of Green Tea in a coffee store and it usually is the generic brand?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool. I researched it online a few months ago, and a lot of the sources stated the best thing to do is buy the leaves and boil them directly. And they had a term for the bagged stuff I buy - I think they called it gunpowder and claimed it was mostly low-quality. I should probably see how I like the nicer stuff.

There are people who take their green tea super seriously. There are even sites who rate it as if it's a fine wine.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

never buy tea that comes in bag form, that stuff is stale and old, you always want the freshest you can get and steep it in a french press, never boil the water at it burns the leaves, heat it til just under boiling and combined with fresh young leaves you will get the best quality tea ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast