Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Haha if you're as vocal at games as you are online...

You can rarely hear me during games unless the Oilers score...I'm like a ninja(or a shady-looking smiley, since there's no ninja one)

LOL. Im quiet during games also. While all of the other guys around me are slopping around beer, and critsizing the visiting fans. lol
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

OK - Just got home - I dont have time to read all the posts (you guys were obviously busy - LOL) but with 142 posts.....it had to be fun!.....

I applaud the Nucks....They played a good game and their #1 line showed up.....Congrats and Good Luck

As I said before, game 4 turning point was when Luongo saved the Frolov breakaway. If he makes it...its 4-2 and a whole different game....He misses it and the Nucks win 6-4

Tonight, it was Smyth's shot into Luongo's glove....He makes that one and they have a 2-0 lead and a whole different game....He missed and the Nucks win 4-2

Congrats to the Kings for playing hard in their first play-off series in 8 years - In this Series....Kopi, Brown, Doughty, Simmonds, Fro score their first of many play-off goals!!!! JMFJ and Doughty lead the Kings with 7 pts in 6 games -

A team that 101 points....Ateam that did what only 2 other Kings teams have done (74-75 & 90-91) - Hit 100 points....May not be all that exciting to non-Kings fans but that is a HUGE acheivement for a young team

And Lastly, before I bid all a good night, I want to thank everyone on here for posting....We are all homers when it comes to our teams...we get passionate and sometimes we get out of control. The first thing people state when a team loses is how bad a loser they are...well, as you can see, we are not bad losers.....We accept what happen and move on.....

Thank you for your support!
    CS

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

One last note....and I know it doesnt matter when it comes down to voting...but still want to share how the Norris Canidates are doing in the playoffs

Doughty - 6GP - 3G - 4A - 7Pts - (-5) - 2PPG - 23.1Sht% - 13Hits - 12Blk Shts- 2Tkwy - 5Gvwy
    Green - 5GP - 0G - 2A - 2Pts - (+1) - 0PPG - 0Sht% - 10Hits - 13Blk Shts - 1Tkwy - 7Gvwy
    Keith - 5GP - 0G - 0A - 0Pts - (-5) - 0PPG - 0Sht% - 6Hits - 4Blk Shts - 5Tkwy - 5Gvwy

Just saying.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

good game series guys, kings have a bright future for sure
    Last edited by JVan; 04-26-2010 at 01:26 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

simply put - the Kings had no chance to win with Quick in net. i am surprised they won two games. i expected a sweep with Quick in net.

i believe the Kings win this series 4-2 with Bernier in net. they win tonight and they win game 4, no question. they outplayed the Canucks in both games but Quick couldn't make any saves when he needed to.

Luongo was not great in the series but he was very good tonight. goes to show you what a big save can do to a team. game 4 - stops frolov on the breakaway and the Canucks score. game 6 - makes that great glove save on smyth and a few minutes later the Canucks score.

as a Kings fan i am thrilled at where this team is. they will be better next year - i have no doubt, as long as they play Bernier and not Quick. Jones is gone to be replaced by Hickey or Voynov, they have cap space and a young core that's only going to be better after this.

if the Canucks want to advance they better play a ton better or play another sieve in the next round as that's the only reason they advanced. they played some good games, no doubt, but the Kings stole a game in Vancouver and had third periods leads at home and Quick couldn't hold them.

this series is 100% on Jonathan Quick. maybe he grows from this and gets better, but my guess is we've seen the best we are going to see from him. there's a reason he was a late round selection and besides a hot stretch in the middle of the season he just wasn't very good this year. this team was good - he was the beneficiary of a good team.

sad that the hockey year is over but i'm excited for next year already. looking forward to the draft and this summer. hopefully the Kings showed DL enough that he'll lock up Doughty and Johnson and trade Quick for something useful and make a long run next year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

as a Kings fan i am thrilled at where this team is. they will be better next year - i have no doubt, as long as they play Bernier and not Quick. Jones is gone to be replaced by Hickey or Voynov, they have cap space and a young core that's only going to be better after this.

Don't forget we need to ditch OD. He SUCKED from the 2nd half of the season on. Problem is who else comes up? Hickey and Voinov are both offensive Dmen and you don't want to have those two and then JMFJ and DD in the same lineup. Does Drewiske get a spot as a regular next year, call up Voinov, and then have Hickey take another year since he's Mr. Glass man and always hurt? That sounds good to me. And you?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

i think voynov plays in the NHL next year - hickey starts the year in Manchester. if O'Donnell plays next year that's fine with me. it was a compressed schedule this year - we won't have that problem next year. if he doesn't play, drewiske is ready. he will be healthy and ready to go next year.

the d-pairings should look like this...no tinkering needed unless DL makes a move by trading voynov or drewiske to bring in an upgrade.

norris trophy winner-scuderi
    johnson-drewiske/o'donnell
    greene-voynov

as far as up front, it will be interesting to see what DL does with frolov. i know you don't like him but i think he is strong on the puck and plays the type of style TM likes when he's on. puck possession, cycle, keep the puck away from the other team. it's going to be about his contract demands. if he wants $4-$5M, he's gone. you need to score 30 goals consistently in this league to get that kind of money. but if he'll take 5 years at $20M then i could see something like that.

my gut says he's gone - just too much money out there and i think DL understands that overpaying someone like frolov means we can't keep doughty or johnson.

i think we are solid for next year up the middle...kopitar, stoll and handzus are locks, we'll see what they do with Moller/Loktionov/Schenn. halpern can go.

on the wings, i'd like to see DL take a run at keeping Modin. smyth, williams, simmonds, brown are all locked in. i'd like to see them re-sign richardson and dump ivanans.

i'd like to see something like this up front...

smyth-kopitar-williams
    UFA-stoll-brown
    simmonds-hanzus-modin
    clune/westgarth-richardson-moller

i have a feeling parse isn't coming back. and personally i think both loktionov and schenn are in Manchester next year for at least half the year.

i'll have to look at who is available this summer, but i would rather DL stay away from Kovalchuk and Marleau. would rather see him re-sign johnson and doughty and then add a second line scoring winger. someone like ray whitney, although not necessarily him. maybe that's frolov if he doesn't want too much. but someone will be available that can score 20-25 to play 2nd line wing and get some PP time.

and of course, in net it needs to be Bernier. i would trade Quick if they can get something in return for him. maybe dallas would trade a jamie benn or james neal for him. or maybe we can pry a young winger like Leino out of Philly or even a cogliano out of Edmonton. we've seen the best out of Quick that we're going to see. his technique isn't good and goalies that rely on athleticism don't last long in this league.

so that's my thoughts for now - looking forward to spending the offseason chatting about what the Kings will do. now that hockey season is over i'll have some time on my hands.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

No way in hell do I want Leino. I agree with the most part and would LOVE that 4th line and just swap westy and clunatic depending on whoever we play. I want Kovie though.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415