Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

Beckett Sucks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals
    See rogerj16's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by ICED CARDS
    nealp28
    EXACTLLY CORRECT if s/h is $6 for 1 card people will not bid as much as if s/h is $2
    I would be at least the $4 difference on the lower s/h one

An example I have been buying Authentic Jsy's lately(not a card but shows my point)
    2 diff. auctions SAME player's jsy
    Auction #1 s/h $15 final bid $32
    #2 s/h $8 final bid $55
    auctions ended 10mins apart
    so the same people were more than likely looking at both auctions

Auction 1 total price $47
    Auction 2 total price $63

You're probably right the same people were bidding on both. After the first one ended the second will go higher. Maybe not because of a less shipping charge, but because it's the only one left.
    When I buy cards I'll look at shipping, but I always factor shipping in to my bid. Another thing I'll do is I don't care how bad I want a card I won't bid on a card if I have to pay over $3 shipping. Just the principal of it. Most cards I won't pay over $2 shipping. And if someone wants to add more than .75 cents per auction to combine shipping, I won't bid on their auctions.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See imok513's Items on eBay

It's hard to use either one as a set guide for values. eBay auctions can vary for many different reasons; one of the most popular ones that no one has mentioned is the "shill bidding". There are some dealers out there using multiple names to help bid up their auctions until they get a value they feel comfortable with.

Then, you can go by the feedback factor. I don't know about most people but I feel alot safer buying an item from a person w/at least a 100 feedback rating then someone who's feedback is less than 20. Plus, if it's a new seller w/nothing but high-dollar cards I'd be suspicious about buying from them. If a person has a higher feedback rating his cards may sell higher than someone who's isn't as good.

Now with Beckett, not only do they sometimes not know how to price a card each month, they sometimes don't even know how to price 1 card the same in their monthly guide AND online at the same time. Here's 2 examples:

'04 Leaf Limited Limited Cuts Auto/Patch of Tom Brady #'d out of 50 made

Beckett has this priced at $120. Last 2 have sold on eBay for $128.50 (seller has 3000+ feedback) and $103.61 (seller has 259 feedback). 3 others sold for $153, $112, $163. There is no way I would trade this at $120.

'04 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Material Jersey Prime Santana Moss #'d to 25

According to Beckett on-line, this card books $80. In the Monthly Price Guide, this card books for $50. So, which one is right?

The fact is, if someone asks about your trading for one of your cards, they'll try and find a way to show your card is worth less than it really is. If you are interested in one of their cards, they'll try and find a way to show how much more it's worth. What you almost have to do is choose one way of figuring values for cards and stick to it. I have one of those Bradys I mentioned and had been asking for $200 in trade before it showed up in the price guide. When it came out at $120 I removed it from my trade lists because no one will offer me more in trade. I'd rather hold on to it until it shows up in the guide at a more realistic value.

See iceman761987's Items on eBay

i think shipping should be sellers responsibility on stuff thats will be under 5.00 shipping but thats just me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

I hate when sellers from the USa won't ship to Canada... like we live on a different planet or something... we are neighbors...and it only cost a little more, I don't see why within the USA they charge $2.00 and all of a sudden, to Canada it's like $4.00 (or higher)... but what are you gonna do... I have evertyhing shipped to a friend of mine in the USA... That'll teach them greedy -censored-

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-Chaos
    I hate when sellers from the USa won't ship to Canada... like we live on a different planet or something... we are neighbors...and it only cost a little more, I don't see why within the USA they charge $2.00 and all of a sudden, to Canada it's like $4.00 (or higher)... but what are you gonna do... I have evertyhing shipped to a friend of mine in the USA... That'll teach them greedy -censored-

I send all my stuff with USPS click and ship. You can't print postage for Canada unless you want the expensive way. Even then, you aren't supposed to leave it in the mailbox. You have to hand it to someone. I usually don't ship to Canada because I am working when the post office is open, and if I don't get it sent quick, people complain.

SCF Rewards
    See muggz623's Items on eBay

nealp28 - Thank God for eBay, paying book value for a card is completely ridiculous on 99% of cards!

tutall - I can't go by own system, because other traders don't go by "my system"

thats why u have to talk it out

SCF Rewards
    See muggz623's Items on eBay

True but sometimes that can cost more time then what the card is worth LOL

lol true dat one

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast