Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Asking my ASCF friends

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

Asking my ASCF friends

The Danica Patrick 2010 Red Ink Autograph #7/25 that I just sold on the 'bay.

The buyer has received the card, I have a scanned receipt from the Postal Service, and an email from the buyer telling me it is a "great looking card".

My problem is.....PayPal is holding the monies (for up to 19 days!)...and when I contacted the buyer, asking him to contact PayPal to have the monies released, his response was that he had nothing to do with PayPal and would not contact them to say he received the card. Now the card was shipped priority mail so the buyer could get it the next day. This was an extra that the buyer asked for that was paid out of our pocket, not his, so why can't he help me out a little?

Now, PayPal informed me that the buyer can "release" the funds when they confirm delivery. The buyer will not contact PayPal...so I am asking everyone I know to keep an eye out for this autograph. If it hits the "for sale" sections on Forums or the 'bay I will final a complaint with the 'bay and PayPal.

I believe until I receive the monies owed, the card cannot be resold. Correct?

...and one more thing...the buyer has 100% Positive Feedback. I am waiting for him to leave me feedback before I leave his. Thinking maybe I should ding him for this?

Thanks for letting me rant.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

FORGET OFFERS.....IT IS ON THE 'BAY....CHECK IT OUT!

You mean this one,good luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if you mean the original SCF thread...that was posted by me....expecting to see the buyer to post it anyday now.

Country
    See brokenhalo1978's Items on eBay

If I were in your shoes I would email the bidder again and tell him you are about to leave negative (or at least neutral?) feedback because you have proof he has received the item but you have yet to be paid.

My question is though.. thinking about this now.. why did you ship before you had the PayPal in-hand?

Either way.. if you warn him you will leave appropriate feedback he may be more inclined to contact PayPal to release the funds.. just explain it to him, he can get them to release it, you'll leave happy feedback. Shouldn't be a big deal for him to do it.. if he values his feedback reputation!

Best of luck,
    Halo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Send the e-mail to paypal showing that he's refusing to contact them... That should help a little, hopefully

SCF Rewards
    Country

Halo - PayPal rules for high-dollar items....monies will be held until buyer receives item and notifies eBay with feedback. However!..the buyer is not required to leave feedback.

JesRey - I have emailed just about everything in the world to PayPal....now just waiting for them to respond....up to 72 hours..lol...gotta love the system.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would e-mail the guy and ask him to leave positive feedback if he was satisfied with the transaction.

Country
    See brokenhalo1978's Items on eBay

Halo - PayPal rules for high-dollar items....monies will be held until buyer receives item and notifies eBay with feedback. However!..the buyer is not required to leave feedback.

Ahh.. good to know, since I have yet to sell anything on eBay. Doesn't make a lot of sense though.. if the buyer is not required to leave feedback.. and they don't.. that means the seller does not receive their money??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Halo - the seller will get his money eventually as long as the buyer does not file a complaint. In this case I have to wait another 19 days (according to PayPal). I have sent them the signed receipt and tracking number to show delivery, and according to the PayPal rules I should see the money in approximately 3 days....but again...who knows?

bouncer - I have sent him several polite emails to please leave feedback. he refuses, saying it's not required (and it's not!). So I'm stuck for a few days.