Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A little unknown fact about ITG HSHS Redemption print runs

A little unknown fact about ITG HSHS Redemption print runs

Every year I send in redemptions for He Shoots He Scores cards. The only thing I do different from everyone else is I send my redemptions on the very last day possible. The one reason I do this is for reference. I get to know how many copies are out there or close to it. Then I just take time to watch eBay to confirm the numbers. It only make sense that a card that has 10 copies would be worth more than one with 20 copies. The problem is you have to know how many copies are out there in circulation. Year after year I have fellow collectors try to tell me there is 20 copies according to Beckett or the number of 20 on the card. I then share my example with them like the example below which leads me to below there less than 20 copies on most of the He Shoots He Score Redemption cards..

Here is a few examples of eBay auction for 07/08 Between the Pipes He Shoots He Scores (HSHS):

Pogge/Potvin this one is being advertised 6 out of 20
    http://cgi.ebay.com/POTVIN-POGGE-07-...item1c0806566c

Mason/Leclaire with this one being advertised 3 out of 20
    http://cgi.ebay.com/07-08-BTP-HSHS-S...item5ad7a71a10

Price/Plante with this one being advertised 4 out of 20
    http://cgi.ebay.com/07-08-ITG-PIPES-...item439c439edf

Now here are 3 of mine that I have all #’ed 7 out of the suppose 20 copies.

Front view:

Back view (Print run 7 out of a possible 20):

I have yet to see any copies beyond 7 so far. I truly believe that with the periodic checking of eBay auctions from time to time the set was not fully redeemed. As I only know of one set that was redeemed to completion that set being the 04/05 Franchise set. Other than that every other set has less than 20 copies. No one keeps a formal record of this that I know of. I contacted ITG and they would not verify my claim nor would they deny it. To me it helps one truly assess the value of a card based on how many copies of it are floating around.

So in the future you might want to not assume there are twenty copies out there for ITG HSHS redemptions . If you have any questions about any of the print runs let me know. I have quite a few documented but have not done H&P HSHS so no information on that set. I assume the same thing would be found out if investigated just like the BTP as the redemption program is the same. Happy collecting!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great work on this I often wonder about the total amount of cards when it comes to redemptions, this is a great research job here.