Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Card Thickness

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xirxious's Items on eBay

Typically that's what people refer to as 'slabbed' I'm not sure if they sell a commercial one, these are sealed so they can not easily be taken in and out. I sent in a few cards I am keeping just for the protection. They have a penny sleeve stamped into the. Some like them, some don't. It is alot to get them graded, but I think they do offer the 'slabbing' service for less.

thanks for all the info people!. i think i will just grab a few of each next time i order..

Are you guys familiar with any type of holders similar to the ones PSA and BGS uses that have a little header space to insert a piece of paper with info? id like to get a bunch of those , preferrably snap together.. i dont care to have anything permanent. I would like them for my player collection , i have a about 100 base and parallel cards in my player collection.. most are really only BV at about 2-10 dollars, so they dont really seem worth sending to get graded. so i wanted to just make my own little label for just the year and brand and card number and parallel edition , i looked on BCS and they had some super this acrylic ones. but thats too much for me . i think they were 7 bucks each, im looking for something in the few dollar range. similar to the magnetic snap cases. if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Cheers guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you put the card in a penny sleeve?

If not do this for all cards in top loader, it will prevent scratch and help the card stay in the top loader. I also buy a more expensive prenny sleeve that does better for certain card tickness.

I always put my cards in penny sleeves before inserting into a toploader (putting the open end of the penny sleeve in first to prevent dust ).

I didn't know there were different thickness of penny sleeves either. May have to stock up on those, too. Got a couple of great cards that would need protecting a little bit more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12