Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrufantFan45

Phillip Buchanon...One of the greats

I have been thinking about the numbers this guy put up in his ROOKIE season and not to metion he had a Season ending injury makeing him only able to play 6 games he had 2 INT BOTH returned for touchdowns he had 2 punt returns also returning both for touchdowns and he handed a punt return off to terry kirby for a touchdown...He had 21 SOLO tackles he was voted Rookie Of The Week 2 times here is the numberes he put up in one of those games

Buchanon had seven tackles, an interception, two passes defensed, scored on an 83-yard punt return and pitched the ball to Terry Kirby for a 79-yard score on another punt return in the Raiders' 52-25 win over the Tennessee Titans. Buchanon's interception was the first of his career and came in the fourth quarter.

Now i dont know about you people but for a rookie i belive these are Great numberes and now with a year under his belt and charles woodson on the other side of the field [QB's are afraid to throw to] I think he will be able to put up GREAT numberes and become one of the greatest CB in the raiders history maybe in NFL history..

I would love to know what everybody thinks..Do you agree do you not agree or do you not know and please tell me the reason behind your answer and maybe i could change your mind if you dont think he will ne or maybe you could change my mind..Thanks

Vist me at
    www.freewebs.com/joshsautographs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

He has a long way to go to be considered one of the greats.... most interceptions for the most part are just being in the right place at the right time... and getting TD's off picks, well that's just pure luck, not really a skill.

TrufantFan45
    But you can't denie a rookie scoreing 4 touchdowns off INT and punt returns does not have skill You know he does plus 21 solo tackles

SCF Rewards

Buchanon looks to be pretty good!!

with Charles Woodson opposite him...if both are healthy, that makes for a great coverage team!

TrufantFan45
    Yes with woodson heathly MOST qb's are scared to throw to his side and with buchanon with his GREAT speed and cover skills they will be a top team in coverage this season not to metion they drafted Nnamdi Asomugha another GREAT cover coner

SCF Rewards

Not sure Asomugha will play that often, unless the Raiders face teams that stack 3-4 WRs often during their play formation.

Remember, when Woodson and Buchanon were out, Terence Love and the other guy did fairly well as starters, so they're ahead of this kid Asomugha

TrufantFan45
    I dont know if you know but first it was tory kames and clarence love who played when they was out because Befor them james was hurt wit the same thing as woodson was out but he came back right as woodson went out so it was James and Love but now tory james is with the Bengals So i think Asomugha will get to play just as much as Buchanon did last year and if he stays heatley Unlike buchanon he might get to play more...He is the raiders first pick in the draft just like buchanon was I belive he could be just as good or better then buchanon so i think he will be above Love in the roster order

SCF Rewards

There is no reason for the rookie to play that many minutes when the Raiders have 2 young, talented, speedy corners in woodson and buchanon.

unless the starters get hurt

TrufantFan45
    He wont play 2 many Min. but he will be in EVERY game at the #3 spot and if one of the starters do get gurt He will be playing not clarence love...Thats all im saying