Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

Anyone go to West Virginia University for college?

I'm thinking of applying there/possibly going there...I'm going to be a senior in September. How hard is it to get accepted and what is the campus like? Any other information on it would be great! Thanks!

Country

Nobody?

Country

No former mountaineers?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I've been there a few times. Morgantown is a pretty dirty city. The campus itself is pretty nice, it just gets trashed easily since it's a big party school. What other schools were you looking at?

Country

I've heard that about the partying but I guess that happens to all colleges...I was also possibly looking at SUNY Potsdam, SUNY Fredonia, or the University of Michigan.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am from WV so I hate to come off as bashing WVU but it is considered one of the top party colleges in the nation. I think it has been ranked in the top 10 party schools for like the last decade or something.

Academically speaking, it depends on what you are going for. Around here WVU is considered the school to go to for veterinary education, forestry and pharmacology/medicine.

You didn't indicate if you are a citizen of WV or not...out-of-state tuition is majorly expensive. Out-of-state tuition is $17k per semester plus another $7 for on-campus housing. Throw in another $1 for books and fees and your talking $50k for a full year.

Country

No I'm not from WV but I thought it was $17 including boarding.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jiggidy02's Items on eBay

I've heard that about the partying but I guess that happens to all colleges...I was also possibly looking at SUNY Potsdam, SUNY Fredonia, or the University of Michigan.

I used to work at the University of Michigan in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. My advice if you are serious about applying to U of M is apply during Early enrollment (I believe early enrollment is from August - November 1st). Also extracurricular activities are huge (clubs, community service, employment, etc.). It's a tough school to get into but if your academics and activities are good then you have a good shot. If you want to know any more info about U of M send me a PM.