Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question When did you get into the hobby?

I got started back in 1990. Not the best year to begin collecting.

I dont remember who bought them for me, I think maybe my Uncle in 1971... But those were my first cards. I still have them
    today, I started buying my own in 1974 With my allowance and have collected evey since.

I got started, I think, in Fall of 1992. My first pack was Proline FB.
    I didn't have any money so my mom bought it for me. I wanted to get one for my dad for his B-day and decided to get one for myself. I don't collect FB but now have over 40 thousand baseball. My 1st pack was football and collect baseball. My brothers 1st pack was also Proline FB and he for a while collected BKB. My dads 1st back, who knows how many decades ago was baseball and he is all football now. Thought was a little interesting.

I came in pretty hard core in late 1986 and now have more cards than I know what to do with.

BGray
    SCF Founder
    BIG Props to everyone at SCF as you chase 14 Million posts!

FineBrian69
    I started with Topps and Donruss baseball back in '88.

I first started collecting in '75 when I was getting my Ph.D.--no, I'm just kidding. I was seven or so. I got more into it in '79 and the early 80s.

My favorite trading anecdote was when I was in day summer camp. I was with a few other kids when the camp director walked in on us and gave us a lecture about taking up too much of our time with the cards. He finished after a few minutes. When he left, I waited a moment and said, "Ignore the human."

vandermeer
    I started in grade 7.. so that would be .. let me see here.. 18 years ago.. my first card was a gift from my now passed on grand father..a 67-68 Topps Bobby Orr card.. My first cards I bought were 84-85 opc.. and what a set to start with.. not sure the cost back then but I am sure it was cheap.. I spent 27 bucks a week on the same set. I delivered papers and got my allowance.. and did it pay off. I have 11 yzerman rookies.. and countless rookeis of chellios, neely, gilmour and lafontaine..
    So I guess I picked a great year to start

Started collecting in 1977 when I was seven. Started selling in 1988 thru 1991. Left the hobby for a few years and have been buying and selling ever since. It's one of those things that you can never let go even when you try to get out. Sort of like that whole Godfather theme. "Just when I thought I was out, they bring me back in" LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast