Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)

PLEASE SEE NEXT POST FOR PICTURES

iCardz released the America at War - Band of Brothers set earlier this year.
    Check out their website: Lest We Forget Collector Cards
    The cards have been well received, although they are not appearing on the secondary market in any quantity to make them easy to collect.

HOBBY BOX: Since iCardz is primarily interested in the educational value of these cards, they are in packs. However, you receive one complete set in every box with no extra cards:

1 set of America at War D-Day - 143 cards
    1 set of Band of Brothers - 49 cards

AD1 promo for The Pacific
    AD2 a salute to veterans
    AD3 promo for the Binder
    AD4 about Valor Studios (company working with iCardz to secure art and autographs from veterans)

2 Instant Win cards (see 'Authentic WW2 Memorabilia' below)

Autographs/Sketches. This has changed at various times in the past. At one point, you could choose to receive an EXTRA autograph or sketch in addition to the autograph in the box. BE AWARE: Currently, iCardz says that you can POSSIBLY receive one autograph or sketch in your box. As of September 2010, and presumably for all remaining product. the autos and sketches fall at 1 in 6 boxes:
    FAQ

Sketches: Ingrid Hardy initially had 50 sketches on her site but has now updated it to include 100 finished works HERE, and they were all inserted into the product. I will try to confirm this soon.
    Also, it appears the sketches are NOT all of men who gave their lives in Europe. Someone with more sketches will need to confirm what the backs of them say if a soldier survived and came home after the war.

Autographs (update November 2010, light grey do not exist in this product):

SP1 - Lynn "Buck" Compton
    SP2 - William Guarnere
    SP3 - Forrest Guth
    SP4 - Edward "Babe" Heffron
    SP5 - Clancy Lyall
    SP6 - Donald Malarkey
    SP7 - Earl McClung
    SP8 - Amos "Buck" Taylor
    SP9 - Ed Tipper

Authentic WW2 memorabilia prizes have been given out with the random prize card redemption codes in the boxes:
    There have been 2 US winners of WWII memorabilia so far. Prizes for the US site are generally authentic WWII US military lapel pins.
    Prizes for Canada at War, Lest We Forget - Canada include authentic Canadian military memorabilia such as medals, shoulder flashes, etc.

About text on the website stating that there will be sets following Easy Co. after D-Day, and whether this info is outdated, The Pacific replacing any further Band of Brothers sets:
    "We have a number of potential sets in the works. At this time, the only set we have definite plans for is The Pacific, which we expect to release in late 2010/early 2011. Date TBA."

My WW2 Blog

My Bucket

-

SCF Rewards
    Country

PROMOS for America at War AND/OR Band of Brothers.

Happy Jack - AaW: D-Day (unnumbered):

AaW:BoB (unnumbered)

Chicagoland Expo 2009 AaW:BoB (CH1):

Philly Non-Sport Show 2009 AaW:BoB (PH1):

Non Sport Update magazine promo (PR1)

Philly Non-Sport Show 2010 AaW:BoB tri-fold brochure...

...with a random card inserted into tabs...

...and a giant The Pacific promo inside...

The free promos that come with any box or binder purchase under the current promotion are PH1, CH1, and the AaW:BoB unnumbered promo (2nd from the top).

Dave at iCardz has stated they have no intention of changing the box incentives in the near future.

My WW2 Blog

My Bucket

-
    Last edited by Nicnac; 03-21-2012 at 05:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Regarding the availability of autographs in this set:

Most easily available: Heffron, Malarkey, McClung,

Difficult: Compton, Guarnere

Seen ONCE: Lyall

Never seen: Guth, Taylor, Tipper

Either, people are just not letting these go, they have not really made it into people hands, or, most likely, the print run breaks down something like this:

Total: 2000 autographs -

Malarkey 500
    McClung 500

Heffron 400

Compton 200
    Guarnere 200

Lyall 100

Guth 30
    Tipper 30
    Taylor 30

give or take a dozen here and there, to add up to 2000.

I have Malarkey, McClung, Heffron, and Guarnere. Of the remaining, I know Compton is a matter of time, and how much I want to spend. Everyone I know collecting these has some combo of the above 5. I know ONE person with a Lyall.

Country
    See dakota3006's Items on eBay

Wow I like to get some of those when i get some money.......Thanks for posting that I would of never knew that they made them....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow I like to get some of those when i get some money.......Thanks for posting that I would of never knew that they made them....

kstahl ... iCardz definitely needs the support of more collectors. For them to come out with this set out of Canada is kinda shameful. They should be rewarded with good sales so that we see The Pacific, and more in the future
    Keep in touch if you do get these cards as the community is quite small, and you will want to have some trade partners.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (88)
    Country
    Navy
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See lap-3242's Items on eBay

cool i would be in line for this stuff as a vet

SCF Rewards
    Country

cool i would be in line for this stuff as a vet

Go for it! I have an extra Babe Heffron autograph to trade. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (88)
    Country
    Navy
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See lap-3242's Items on eBay

cmb

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry, I didn't see anything there. Right now, I am focused on WW2 related cards (UD A Piece of History, Topps American Heritage Heroes, etc). Outside of that, I am interested in Classical Music (Allen & Ginter, UD Piece of History), some Trek, LOTR, Star Wars, and a few specific cards...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guys,
    This is just a bump for important new information. Please check the updated FAQ, also explained a bit more in the first post on page 1.

Today, iCardz also unveiled their newly rebuilt website, and it's beautiful:
    Lest We Forget Collector Cards

-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast