Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wildwestgal63's Items on eBay

International shipping cost

So I see people quote their prices for shipping, and I always see like $2.00 for across their country, $3.00 for across the border, and $4.00 across the pond. Isn't the cost of shipping almost the same to anywhere in the world? I usually charge $2.00 shipping to anywhere in the world ($2.50 on eBay). I will see someone price their card and say, "Well it is $7 for USA/Canada, but since your in Germany it is $10.00." There is only like a few cent difference isn't it?

Country

True, however some sellers equate distance as risk, and some just want extra money to cover fee's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

True, however some sellers equate distance as risk, and some just want extra money to cover fee's.

That may make since, although it is the fees of risk, and not actually money. But if you make a deal through paypal, paypal covers you right? Just in case someone did try to scam you.

Country

That may make since, although it is the fees of risk, and not actually money. But if you make a deal through paypal, paypal covers you right? Just in case someone did try to scam you.

Not without a tracking number to support your claims, hence why if you ship 100 things at $2 more shipping and 1 of those hundred things is scammed and sold for $70 its then an acceptable loss.

I don't personally practice this but i'm sure thats the logic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Paypal and such is just stupid. It is so easy for someone to say, "Oh I didn't receive the card." Even if they did, and the seller loses a bunch of money.

But I'd hope if someone sold a big lot, or big card across the ocean, they would add some sort of tracking for like 10 or 15 bucks. And just split the cost and call it even.

SCF Rewards
    Country

maybe in the states its only a few cents, but here up here in canada its more than that.
    for example (ill use the oversized letter rates as thats what im usually charged)
    within canada its $1.22
    to the us its $2.00
    international its $4.00
    so, for us canadians at least, its a bit more than a few cents
    personally, i usually charge the same shipping for north america (2.50) and an extra 2 dollars international (4.50)

but either way, as im sure you know, people can charge whatever they want for shipping and if the buyer agrees, then thats all that matters.

SCF Rewards
    Country

maybe in the states its only a few cents, but here up here in canada its more than that.
    for example (ill use the oversized letter rates as thats what im usually charged)
    within canada its $1.22
    to the us its $2.00
    international its $4.00
    so, for us canadians at least, its a bit more than a few cents
    personally, i usually charge the same shipping for north america (2.50) and an extra 2 dollars international (4.50)

but either way, as im sure you know, people can charge whatever they want for shipping and if the buyer agrees, then thats all that matters.

Goodness, that is a lot. It is like $1.25, than $1.25, than $1.25 here? It isn't that much of a difference.

And I don't want to hear about oh you can charge whatever. That is great, someone can charge their Stamkos Victory RC at $10. I am just trying to figure out why they charge so much more, and if that is the case for Canadians, it makes more sense. Us Americans shouldn't be charging an arm and a leg for shipping however. Maybe like 50 cents more international, but that is it.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah Canada Post is funny that way. XpressPost, which is the minimum you need for tracking & insurance, starts at about $10. I just sent a book over to QC and that's $14. I once shipped a box of Metallica magazines to Europe and the total cost of it, using international surface mail, was around $120. Airmail would have been over $200.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

Shipping from Canada we see a big difference in price shipping a card to Canada/US or a country in Europe. It may cost 1 dollar in Canada, but it will be close to 5 for say Finland or Sweden

SCF Rewards
    Country

that is not that much more than the US citizens have to pay, i live in kansas and if i ever ship something to canada with USPS...it takes about a week and a half to get there. as most of you already know...NEVER ship something to canada using UPS. i did that twice and both times the canadian nazi customs patrol tried to charge the other trader for duty fees of i think, $30!!!! thanks for reading and i enjoyed everyones comments about shipping...so thank you for posting to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast