Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

Being from the UK, it is strange to see some people charge $2.50 on one card and another seller will charge $6, maybe $7...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yappeer80's Items on eBay

shipping is germany is quite expensive when i send clothing through ebay to germany its like 14.00 and to the united kingdom its like only 6-7 dollars which is a big difference but some people add more money on for shipping and HANDLEING because some people may live in the country and a closest post office may be minimum 20-25 minutes away

SCF Rewards
    Country

shipping is germany is quite expensive when i send clothing through ebay to germany its like 14.00 and to the united kingdom its like only 6-7 dollars which is a big difference but some people add more money on for shipping and HANDLEING because some people may live in the country and a closest post office may be minimum 20-25 minutes away

Ahh, I hadn't thought about that!

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

that is not that much more than the US citizens have to pay, i live in kansas and if i ever ship something to canada with USPS...it takes about a week and a half to get there. as most of you already know...NEVER ship something to canada using UPS. i did that twice and both times the canadian nazi customs patrol tried to charge the other trader for duty fees of i think, $30!!!! thanks for reading and i enjoyed everyones comments about shipping...so thank you for posting to.

UPS charge you all the time, avoid this shipping to Canada USPS is just fine.

I just mailed a small box to Germany. 40$.

PLus, those s/h prices quote are for items less than 100 g. If you ship something in a snap down, you can easily go to 200 g. HEre are some more prices for you:

within canada its $1.22 up to 100 g; 2$ for 200g; 2.75 for 300 g; 3$ for 400g; 3.25 for 500 g
    to the us its $2.00 up to 100 g; 3.50 up to 200g and 7$ up to 500 g
    international its $4.00 up to 10g; 7$ up to 200g and a whopping 14$ up to 500g

That is accurate and does explain why we tend to charge more as canadian seller. Add a minimum of 35 cents for buble mailer, toploader,team bag and penny sleeve and that count for the cost of mailing only and is not counting handling in any way.

so 1.22 + 0.36 = 1.58 to canada is cost only, no handleling fee added yet
    2 + 0.36 = 2.36 for US (78 cents difference)
    4 + 0.36 = 4.36

SO if we say 2.00 to CA, 2.50 to US and 4.50 to Intl, I think it's pretty fair for a Canadaian seller.
    CA you get 42 cents for handling fee
    USA 14 cents handling fee
    Intl 14 cents handling fee

That can explain these cost just there for shipping one card in a buble mailer, team bag, top loader and penny sleeve.

I haven't had any problems shipping to the UK, Australia, and Germany. I have had problems shipping to Italy, China, and Russia though. It seems most European countries are fine, but some Asian countries are sketchy.

I agree, don't be afraid, made trade in France, UK, FInland and Sweden and just took a bit more time then local. Just charge your cost to ship there and if it's for high dollars send with tracking and charge the real cost. Don't close on these potential buyer.

Here we are almost finish coding the new storefront and I made three region and you can set fee for shipping to CA, other fee for shipping to USA and other fee for shipping to International. SO I created three region. You can block a region from buying to. If you decide to not sell Internationally it will not let buyer buy the item. It will simply be refused. Since the storefront use the forum account, we know what country one is from so we show the item but say you can't buy it. I hope this will allow International buyer to be able to contact the member and still be able to buy the item since they can see it but they won't be able to bid or buy that item.

Being from the UK, it is strange to see some people charge $2.50 on one card and another seller will charge $6, maybe $7...

If the seller is from Canada and use Bubble mailer etc.. and mail to UK and charge $2.50 then the seller assume the lost. Some seller with lot of selling can afford to average the shipping cost on all item, so if 2.50 cover Canada and USA and the seller sell 1% in International then he might still not loose since 2,50 to canada he make maybe 46 cents on handle and the avergae just cover the extra it cost to ship international. But has we show before the real cost for a canadian seller remain that he is paying 2$ of his pocket to ship to you. The one that ship at 6 or 7$ make money with you.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123