Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flyers sign Zherdev

BANNED

Country

4 Millions was what he wanted....but my guess is Flyers will pay him 3

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I like the signing. He adds a dimension that they Flyers lacked...skill.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I like the signing. He adds a dimension that they Flyers lacked...skill.

He's skilled while the rest of the Flyers are not? A more finesse type of player yes. But he is no Richards, Carter, or Briere

He's also soft, not a grinder, and not tough.

These were all things the Flyers were missing in their Players last year too. I wonder why?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @FlyerGuy22 See FlyerGuy22's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

signed for $2 million, puts us over by about a million and a half, but we should be getting rid of cote's salary which will bring it under a million

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

NHL teams aren't going to trade for someone they can get for Free when the cap hit is that high.

I would guess a team that is in the back of the order would take the trade option if they feel he would be taken by a team ranked higher in the waiver order....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would guess a team that is in the back of the order would take the trade option if they feel he would be taken by a team ranked higher in the waiver order....

A team in the back of the order probably has to clear cap space before they could take him which means trading rather than picking him up off waivers (if it comes to that) Unless the other teams are willing to trade prospects and draft picks Philly is still in the same trouble it was in before moving him. Remember they are only considering moving him because of cap troubles.
    Last edited by mikecole141; 07-10-2010 at 03:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

A tem in the back of the order probably has to clear cap space before they could take him which means trading rather than picking him up off waivers (if it comes to that) Unless the other teams are willing to trade prospects and draft picks Philly is still in the same trouble it was in before moving him. Remember they are only considering moving him because of cap troubles.

I agree - that would be if any of the team in the mid to late order has cap space....As example - If the Kings wanted him, he would have to be passed by by 17 teams (not positive on exact order#) - so if the Kings wanted him and had the cap space and felt he would be picked up before they got their turn, they would want to trade a pic for him...

Thats all I was trying to point out...

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is what Philly is counting on. As he hasn't gone on waivers yet.

Does anybody know if he has a no Trade Clause only, or is it a No Trade, No movement claus? If it is the second, they can't even put him on waivers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is what Philly is counting on. As he hasn't gone on waivers yet.

Does anybody know if he has a no Trade Clause only, or is it a No Trade, No movement claus? If it is the second, they can't even put him on waivers.

To even think that Gagne will be put on waivers is just silly. He still has value in the league and i see him getting traded to LA or CBJ once the whole Kovalchuk issue gets sorted out. Its not the like guy is Sheldon Souray or Something....he is a 30+ goal scorer that alot of teams need badly.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If they picked him up for 2 mil it a good deal imo. I still not see anyone post the contract though.

D
    on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast