Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better Running Back

SCF Rewards
    Country

Better Running Back

Of the sophomore RBs this past year Ladanian Tomlinson and Duece McAllister have emerged to become potential superstars.

Which of these two do you feel will have the better career and ultimately football cards?

BGray

Siva00
    I'm going with Ladanian...Both are great backs but Ladanian is just a monster. Plus he does it with Brees at QB.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by Siva00
    I'm going with Ladanian...Both are great backs but Ladanian is just a monster. Plus he does it with Brees at QB.

Welcome Siva00! :D

Glad to see users can post! I had a problem with the database at first.

I'm leaning the same way you are. Of course a runningbacks career can swing one way or another depending on the type of O-line he has in front of him.

BGray

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    Ladanian Tomlinson I think in time will be the better back but this is a close call. Kinda off subject but close is the fact that Ricky Williams is finally coming around. I thought I was gonna have to eat alot of rookie cards!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by ETOPPSCARDGUY
    Ladanian Tomlinson I think in time will be the better back but this is a close call. Kinda off subject but close is the fact that Ricky Williams is finally coming around. I thought I was gonna have to eat alot of rookie cards!!!

I don't get why everyone was downing Ricky? He did everything that NO asked of him, but Haslett (although a great defensive mind) has no clue what to do on offense. What's the best defense? A ball-control offense. Ricky is a RB that can give you the ball control, yet NO's offense revolves around Brooks. Now NO's making the same mistake with another great young RB in Duece. Maybe the Gandy signing is showing that they're going to put more on the run game and less on the pass game next year.

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    Originally posted by IggyWH
    I don't get why everyone was downing Ricky? He did everything that NO asked of him, but Haslett (although a great defensive mind) has no clue what to do on offense. What's the best defense? A ball-control offense. Ricky is a RB that can give you the ball control, yet NO's offense revolves around Brooks. Now NO's making the same mistake with another great young RB in Duece. Maybe the Gandy signing is showing that they're going to put more on the run game and less on the pass game next year.

I really thought when Ditka drafted him that he was gonna rip things up. Then the injuries, you just can never tell anymore. I use to love watching Earl Cambell mow people over. Ricky reminds me of a smaller version of him... I hope he stays with the fins, he seems to fit that offense well.

Celtics4Life
    BASKETBALL IS MY FAVORITE SPORT!

SCF Rewards
    Country

San Diego's last great running back was who? Wow, tough question huh. The Chargers don't think run, so I think LT will be gone soon. The Deuce would be my pick. He's strong! And fast! Just my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL! Yep, I can't think of the last good SD RB.

Welcome In Vikes! Lookin forward to your posts. :)

BGray

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    Originally posted by The Vikes
    San Diego's last great running back was who? Wow, tough question huh. The Chargers don't think run, so I think LT will be gone soon. The Deuce would be my pick. He's strong! And fast! Just my opinion.

I tend to disagree with LT going away anytime soon with Marty at the Helm.. Didnt they just release Conway.. Sounds like a running game attack plan to me..
    As far as old charger running backs I cant think of any. Natrone Means is the only thing that comes to mind.
    As far as the Chargers for the future I hope they get Dwight into the offense a little more. He is an exciting player when he has the ball and a little room to run. I loved watching him in HighSchool and college.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast