Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

What's so wrong about not wanting to collect vintage cards exactly?

.................................................. .................................................. .....

How are you confused? Where did I say it was wrong to not collect vintage? I said I was sad that there are few on here that do.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (20)
    Country
    See nyibeerforce's Items on eBay

Actually the more I think about, this thread really massaged my grey matter, I think I will try collecting the old cards again...I guess up to 80-81 for starters. Thanks for giving me the nudge.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Personally, I'm not really into the vintage, however, the really new stuff doesn't excite me either. My favorite years to collect are anything between 1993-2004. Coincidentally, my main PC is of Arturs Irbe, who was in the height of his career in that span.

That's also always been my problem at card shows. People show up with the really old stuff, and the really new stuff, but nothing ever in-between. When they say they've got the greatest players, I look at their stuff and say "Tavares who"?

I'd still take the old stuff over the really new stuff any day, but the in-between is where it's at in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deankal's Items on eBay

I like to dabble into vintage as well. Add me to the list, but I'm also a bit more on that other site as well.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

Vintage collectors don't pay, demand is not there. Also see the value of most ITG cards with "vintage" names.... demand is not enough strong. Look on cards shows, even at the Toronto Expo, vintage is not in big demand comparatively to modern cards. We are in the era of auto and memorabilia cards, not cards only made of cardboard. Sorry, but this is the reality in 2010.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love vintage too!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

hi

i collect both new and vintage. i only collect rookies and auto's . i prefer the vintage players before the current stuff. have all rookies from the 1980's and half of the 70's. will slowly work through that decade then onto the 60's. will trade for vintage before newer stuff ,it's just that i don't have a lot of vintage to trade in return.

wish i had more disposable income . i would definitely go after high end vintage.

cheers mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

here are some of mine...got them with my dad about 15 years ago in some small-time card store, and this was all they hockey cards they had. i know what ya mean though...good thread.

http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ockey%20Cards/

brian f-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

wish i had more disposable income . i would definitely go after high end vintage.

My question is not directed only to you, but about your concept of "high end vintage" that I heard few times in the past, and that I do not understand. A question for vintage collectors: what is a "high-end vintage" card made in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's? A card recently cut from an uncut sheet set (laser-cut cards) and graded BGS 9.5? Laser-cut cards destroyed a big zone of the vintage market. A Guy Lafleur OPC RC card is not really rare, so I guess a graded version in mint condition would be your "high-end" card.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

My question is not directed only to you, but about your concept of "high end vintage" that I heard few times in the past, and that I do not understand. A question for vintage collectors: what is a "high-end vintage" card made in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's? A card recently cut from an uncut sheet set (laser-cut cards) and graded BGS 9.5? Laser-cut cards destroyed a big zone of the vintage market. A Guy Lafleur OPC RC card is not really rare, so I guess a graded version in mint condition would be your "high-end" card.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Firstly OPC cards from 1969-1988 were Wire-Cut Cards. That is why a Gretzky Beckett 10 Mint does not yet exist.

A high end Vintage? 1954 Parkhurst Howe, Sawchuk. A 1933 Ace Bailey which I own and in a safety deposit box. Howie Morenz cards. Imperial Tobacco cards from 1917.

What do you want from us? Are you on here to have debate or obstinately argue?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast