Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Traders Beware

Country

New Traders Beware

First and foremost let me say that i love this site and do not want any problems. I do not think its fair that first time traders have to send their cards first. It almost feels like a scam to me. I have been burned in the past by the same sort of "rules" and dont want to be had again. What is fair about a first time trader sending a card and having to wait weeks maybe even months to get a card back. It honestly just doesnt seem fair to me. Please correct me if im wrong but shouldnt everyone send at the same time? If someone doesnt send as promised ban them from the site and prosecute them for theft. I am looking forward to making alot of nice trades with the users here i just want to know if anyone else feels this way. Please only reply if you have less than 10 trades, anyone with more will be biased to one side. I really just want an honest opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mlublansky's Items on eBay

New Traders must earn Trust thats why they have to send first we all were there at one time or another so I think its more then fair that new Traders send first I will not send at the same time with anyone that has less then 20 feedbacks they must send first im sorry but we all must protect ourselfs as well

Country

Dont worry man, I'm new here too with just 6 so far... but we all have to pay our dues, or else people would just sign up, make a fake trade, then bolt. I am sending out your cards in the morning. Lets get that positive feedback rolling!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Hoffpauirfan5's Items on eBay

how can those of us with alot of feedback be biased to one side? there was a point were we all had 0 Trader Rating. i think its very far for you to have to build trust. I did it with no problem. i also dont think i have ever had to wait months for a card....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Kansas City Royals

It's tradition here my friend. I had to do it, the guys who traded with me had to do it and now it's your turn. Besides that the Cops won't really waist there time if the trader is from another state. Not only that mail does get lost or delivered to the wrong place sometimes. It sucks, but if you don't trust someone, well then why are you here trading.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The purpose of the rule is to protect the proven trusted traders from scam artists who can load up their bucket with other peoples card pics and create trades with no intention of sending anything at all. This has happened on here(even the mods got scammed in one incident). If you can't see the value of this rule, perhaps this isn't the site for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Heyward bright young star for braves

first and foremost let me say that i love this site and do not want any problems. I do not think its fair that first time traders have to send their cards first. It almost feels like a scam to me. I have been burned in the past by the same sort of "rules" and dont want to be had again. What is fair about a first time trader sending a card and having to wait weeks maybe even months to get a card back. It honestly just doesnt seem fair to me. Please correct me if im wrong but shouldnt everyone send at the same time? If someone doesnt send as promised ban them from the site and prosecute them for theft. I am looking forward to making alot of nice trades with the users here i just want to know if anyone else feels this way. Please only reply if you have less than 10 trades, anyone with more will be biased to one side. I really just want an honest opinion.

i totally agree with u i have all high end vintage from 50s-80s and havent made trade yet but im not ready to mail my cards first ill tell u that we r gonna have to make sum other arrangement cause im not sendin 100s of bucks in cards to someone with no guarranty ill never see mine maybe a moderator but who knows who the moderator has ties to at sportsfreak i did 2 trades my 1st week we emailed each other del conf from p.o. No probs but this site scares me

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm, no problems here. Maybe just do trades with high feedback members until you are no longer in the must send cards first rule. obviously they aren't here to scam because they would be banned.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i totally agree with u i have all high end vintage from 50s-80s and havent made trade yet but im not ready to mail my cards first ill tell u that we r gonna have to make sum other arrangement cause im not sendin 100s of bucks in cards to someone with no guarranty ill never see mine maybe a moderator but who knows who the moderator has ties to at sportsfreak i did 2 trades my 1st week we emailed each other del conf from p.o. No probs but this site scares me

The guarantee is in the peoples feedback. if someone has 400 positive trades so far, why would you assume theyd scam you?

SCF Rewards
    Country

hmm, no problems here. Maybe just do trades with high feedback members until you are no longer in the must send cards first rule. Obviously they aren't here to scam because they would be banned.

thank you point taken

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast