Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See curtschillingcollector's Items on eBay

Got to meet my hero today!

I got to meet Curt in person today!

I arrived at the show around 11:30 and got my autograph ticket (#44). Schilling was signing from 12-2 so I just hung out around the autograph booths waiting for his arrival. Right at 12, I spot him coming out and greeting his old teammates.

They started calling numbers in groups of 10 to keep the lines down. When my number was up, I rushed right to the front. I wasn't expecting to be first so I had to get the photo out. It worked out well because Curt wanted to go greet Polanco who had just arrived for his signing.

He signs the 16x20 and I'm telling him how big of a fan I am. After he finishes signing, I hand him his first ever game used card and tell him what it is. He looks totally shocked by the gesture and says that he really appreciates it because he doesn't have one. I then mention that I have a web site dedicated to my collection of him. I wrote the web site on my teacher's business card and put it in with the card. He starts reading the business card and sees that I'm a Special Education teacher and he lights up. His youngest son has Autism so it's close to home for him. I tell him what and where I teach and he commends me on my job. He then says, "Thanks for everything that you've done. I really appreciate it. (He looks at my business card again.) I'll definitely check out the site and contact you as soon as I can. God bless Scott." He reaches out and shakes my hand and I left. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What an unbelievable class act. It reminds me of why I began to collect him in the first place.

I was hoping to get a picture with him but they weren't allowing that at all because of the number of autographs that he had to sign. He even apologized to me saying, "I wish I could take a picture for you but they won't let me. Hope you don't hold that against me." I certainly won't.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (66) Hobby Insider
    Country
    See archie44's Items on eBay

Very nice story, very cool

SCF Rewards
    Country

that's awesome-great story and congratulations.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See travlncard's Items on eBay

Thats what its all about bro... got chills just reading about it! Can about imagine what it actually meant to you! He seems like a normal dude, he moved up on my list a little bit right there!!

and just out of curiousity did you give him the first ever game used card, or just show it to him and explain what it was?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great story. If he contacts you please ask him to forgive Mitch Williams lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See curtschillingcollector's Items on eBay

Thats what its all about bro... got chills just reading about it! Can about imagine what it actually meant to you! He seems like a normal dude, he moved up on my list a little bit right there!!

and just out of curiousity did you give him the first ever game used card, or just show it to him and explain what it was?

I actually gave it to him. I bought an extra copy recently so it wasn't a big deal for me. For everything he's given me, it's the least I could do in return.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

That is awesome. I've heard from numerous people that Curt is a class act and this really shows it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

Really cool story. Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

That is awesome congrats

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (88)
    Country