Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Country

HAHAHA. Wow nice find on that old post.

It's definitely true that as you progress you get more and more picky with what a "good night" was. Like when I missed adrian gonzalez and got big papi 2 weeks ago I thought that was a bad night haha.

I think Kemp will do it today (or already did it) but I work, so I can't exactly just head over to the hotel. Priorities, etc. I think that's what's burning me up the most though- that he DOES sign, and that I just can't be there when he does it.

Oh well, it's the nature of the beast sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now I read that kemp did 2 per at the day game today for a whole bunch of people. FML.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Phillies are on a road trip, not much graphing these days. However today my fiance and I were going for a walk and lo and behold, not 10 yards from our front door, we see a group of people with cameras, and a young couple being filmed riding on a horse-drawn carriage. We asked around what was going on, and we heard that they were filming a rap video.

We got promo cards from the young artist that they were handing out, his name is Ryan Corbin, a local philly guy, and he apparently just got signed by a major record label and is moving to LA.

He signed the promo cards for my fiance and I and took a picture with us. Here's hoping he makes it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Graphed the rockies tonight. Unfortunately with the injury to Tulowitzki I didn't see him off the bus. Nor did I see Giambi, with the off day tomorrow these guys might fly in separately.

I got Cargo off the bus on my 8x10:

Shortly thereafter, Todd Helton walked off and signed my 8x10

As I waited, I also got a card of Eric Young Jr

Dexter Fowler on a "team" card

Also got Michael Cuddyer, Eric Young Jr, Pacheco, Moscoso, Guthrie, and a few others on my team 8x10.

I will probably graph this team again in the next few days once I know that giambi and tulo are with the team, but this was definitely not a bad start...
    Last edited by cyberer; 07-07-2012 at 12:18 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

With the Phillies on the road or playing bad teams (i.e. pittsburgh) I haven't graphed in a week or two. I did go back after my last post and got duplicates of helton and cargo, as well as some others like Friedrich and a few others, but that's not the purpose of this post.

I was home at my parents house this weekend in Scranton and I was out buying my fiance a birthday present at a local consignment shop. I saw on the rack at that store that they had a used but pristine condition Ryan Howard jersey with stitched on lettering for $10.00.

I remembered that he was in lehigh valley rehabbing, which is on my way home from Scranton to philly... and... dots connected.

I left Scranton to come home today, and stopped at lehigh on the way. I got there as the gates opened. The crowd for howard was OUTRAGEOUS. Easily over 100 people I would say- 3-4 deep the whole way down the line.

I got a spot solidly in the 2nd row, right where people said Howard had started signing the day before. Sure enough he tracked like a magnet right to the spot maybe 2-3 people up the line from me.

I managed to hand the jersey over the front row people after they got theirs signed, and he did it.

I asked him to go horizontally across the number 6, so there would be enough room to sign it.

He actually did me one better, he kind of tilted it at an angle, so he had enough room to sign it, but also so that if you are looking at it with the letters in the proper orientation you can still read it.

It wasn't his finest sig, but for the crowd being what it was, and for the quality of the player, I will take it obviously!

I would say he signed like 30-40. I was planning on going back tomorrow if I missed him (about a 90 minute ride), but I am really relieved that I can kick back and relax and enjoy my day off rather than chasing howard all day.

Woo!
    Last edited by cyberer; 07-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jdiz58's Items on eBay

That Howard is pretty sick, especially for $10! Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got a spot solidly in the 2nd row, right where people said Howard had started signing the day before. Sure enough he tracked like a magnet right to the spot maybe 2-3 people up the line from me.

Where did he start signing? I am planning on going up Wednesday if he is still and I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He started signing on the 3rd base line halfway between the dugout and the patio area in LF. He starts there and makes his way back towards the dugout. So anywhere between the dugout and the midpoint should be fine. Get there early and run like hell to get a spot- it got 3-4 deep pretty quick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alright, cool. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Howard!

Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast