Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    See cypress561's Items on eBay

Keep the good stuff coming! I don't come on the forums as much as I used to but when I do I always check out this thread.

I look forward to the story telling. Do you plan on taking any trips for Spring Training?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey man, good to see you're still reading I always love your comments. Unfortunately no, no spring training for me. I am having some pretty major personal life issues right now in addition to medschool it's tough keeping everything together.

As for the graphing, it's a bit belated but last Wednesday I went to a FREE signing of Claude Girioux at a AAA office in south philly. Rumor had it he does these every year and always bangs it out. He was true to form, I tabbed him for 4 pucks. Some people got 7 things done. The line was <100 people for a player of his caliber hitting multiple outside items- crazy!

Also should be noted that last week I tried for Steph curry pregame but they snuck him out a side door. That quest continues.

Can't wait until April! MLB is back and the NFL draft in philly. Gitcha popcorn ready.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Giroux is a good dude, but I gotta say, the placement of his sig on all those drives me a little insane. Great hits, though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Nice gets on Giroux. I figured you and the wife would be down at Innisbrook to hit the pro-am guys and the golfers. Graphing golf tourneys sort of lifts my spirits from other less friendly sports players.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wish I could have made it down this year, but I wasn't able to make it to ST or the pro-am this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Graphed in citi field friday, not one marlins player picked up a pen after BP or after pregame warmups. Pretty dismal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    See cypress561's Items on eBay

Yikes that sucks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Graphed in citi field friday, not one marlins player picked up a pen after BP or after pregame warmups. Pretty dismal.

I'm not too surprised to hear that. Although Mgr. Don Mattingly is the best signer on the Marlins, since he took over the team 2 years ago he had most of the spring training area in Jupiter pretty much locked down to keep the fans away from the players. He felt like they weren't able to get their work done with fans being too close to his players. That's basically why I didn't get the season spring trng tix this year for the first time in 9 years - not worth my time going to RDS in Jupiter. This spring I mainly went to the Mets (St. Lucie), the Astros & Nationals at the new ballpark in West Palm Bch and the Pirates in Bradenton, Fl. The latter sites were all significantly more fan friendly than RDS at Jupiter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey guys, finally got out graphing again this week. The draft was in philly, and while many people were out chasing HOFers around and racking randall cunningham, I was so busy with work I couldn't really partake.

That said, I was able to get to a couple of free signings during the week for the festivities. The first was a dual Trubisky/Zach Ertz dual signing on Wednesday at a Dick's sporting goods at a suburban mall.

No outside items, but the line went smoothly and things were great. I didn't think that Trubisky would go #2 overall when I got him, but I'm sure glad I made it to that signing!

Got a pretty nice photo op and a couple graphs.

The next one was even more exciting! I got a text from a buddy that CARSON WENTZ was doing a free, no outside item signing with photo op included at a local rite aid in South Philly on Saturday morning!

Needless to say I was there!

The crowd was HUGE. I got there 2 hours early and got ticket number 119 of 120 guaranteed tickets, so I just barely made it. By the time the signing started it was about 400-500 people.

That said, the line moved quickly, the event was well-run, and Carson was in a great mood and talking to all the fans. They even had a professional photographer snapping the pictures. Moreover, they gave out free Tshirts as well!

When we got to the front, my buddy and I decided to ask him about outside items. We had seen him sign a trading card for a little kid, so he was doing at least one outside item. He politely declined but was nice about it. The graph on the promo card and the pic with came out great!

So my draft haul may not have been as impressive as some, but I didn't have to put out a ton of effort and still wound up with some nice additions to the collection and some nice photo ops! I call that a win.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mentioned that I didn't get out and graph the draft much, so I was very grateful when I received a hot tip from a friend about where Donnel Pumphrey would be, the eagles draft pick and "darren sproles 2.0," the college FB all-time leader in yards.

I got there, I was the only one there. I flagged him down. He couldn't have been nicer. I congratulated him on getting number 34, asked him how it'll be to learn under darren (he said cool). He said he would sign whatever I had- he was just happy to be there. I had 5 minis on me, he banged out all 5. He said these are the first graphs he was signing with number 34 so I should feel special.

He then posed for a selfie. He is so small haha!

He was one of the nicer, down to earth athletes I have met. Hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by cyberer; 05-14-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152 ... LastLast