Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I haven't graphed in-person yet at any hotels or player's entrances. I would like to, I'm just always strapped for time. However, I think this is very good advice. As much as I want to roll my eyes and grumble about the guy holding stacks of 8x10's, they may be your signature savior. I would suggest starting small chit chat with one that seems nice...it goes a long way I'm sure. 1. They know what they are doing 2. They can give you tips 3. Follow their lead and you may be golden 4. If you aren't too sure about faces...they will be so you can avoid any confusion 5. Location Location Location...they'll know where to stand

At least, that is my theory....

I agree, even if they aren't receptive and "steal" your auto somehow, you can learn what they did and implement it next time. I always make a point to strike up convos with whoever looks the most prepared.

SCF Rewards
    Country

dont remember the hotel but i got michael strahan, osi umenyora and a few more before week 17 vs the pats the year when they won the superbowl. also the same day got the jets but only chad pennington and eric mangini and Dbrickshaw signed. others said they would come back but i left so i didnt find out

SCF Rewards
    Country

actially when we got chippers auto and other peoples they got cabs we called there name and they came right over

SCF Rewards
    Country

When do you guys get there? Where do you go? The lobby? Out by the bus?

You wait out by the bus. Seeking autographs in the lobby is an easy way to be told to leave the property and asked not to come back

Do people just stop en route to the bus and sign?

Pretty much. I have to ask, which can be a problem if you don't what a guy looks like and nobody else do. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE NOOBIE MISTAKE OF CALLING A GUY THE WRONG NAME. Probably the fastest way to make sure no one ever helps you out because they don't want you hanging around calling people the wrong name.

How long before game time for NFL MLB and NBA games (does it vary?)?

Depends on day game/night game. Last bus for MLB night games is usually 4-4:30, day games around 10:30-11.

NBA last bus is about 2 hours before the game. Usually the NBA stars are on the last bus.

Remember those are last bus times so the action start earlier. The action can start around noon for MLB night games and a lot of those guys take cabs.

NFL, just get there early. NFL is really tough on game day. You need to get those guys coming in on Saturday afternoon.

are you talking about sports other than baseball? because when we got chipper wright and all the other big guys they used taxis and all the hundreds of ip autos i got if they were good players and on the visiting teamthey road taxis

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

are you talking about sports other than baseball? because when we got chipper wright and all the other big guys they used taxis and all the hundreds of ip autos i got if they were good players and on the visiting teamthey road taxis

If you read my entire post I say that a lot of guys take cabs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

lebron and wade are in town tonight to play the sixers, but i have a 100% mandatory meeting important to my career so I can't go... DOH!

thanks for the link...

is going to the hotel after the game a viable strategy or do they just leave?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

Basketball goes straight to the airport after the game except on very rare occasions. LeBron won't look at you at the hotel anyway and I haven't heard much of Wade signing signing at hotels since 04-05.

SCF Rewards
    Country

good to know so at least i wont feel quite as badly about missing it.

on a related note, after the eagles bye this week the colts come into town next week. What are my odds of getting PM and the gang at the hotel? Anyone have experience with indy?

SCF Rewards
    Country

p.s. that site only has baseball, anyone have any clue where the colts will be staying in philly?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See autocollectr79's Items on eBay

in cincinnati they sometimes walk to the stadium if the weathers nice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast