Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beckett or Tuff Stuff?

Beckett or Tuff Stuff?

What do you guys use for a price guide?

I use Tuff Stuff because I can get prices on baseball, basketball, and football every month without spending a lot of money.

Since everyone seems to go by Beckett and Tuff Stuff is usually a bit higher than Tuff Stuff, I used to just buy all the Becketts. I used to get them from this guy at a flea market for $2 each, but he'd also give them to me for free if I bought a few things.

Originally posted by plunge
    I never even heard of Tuff STuff. How much are they?
    I think they are like $5 or $6 an issue or something. I bought a years worth and it was only $25 though.

It has prices for baseball, basketball, football, hockey, starting lineups, non sports cards, and bobble heads so its good if you collect multiple sports.

I prefer Tuff Stuff overall... pricing includes baseball, basketball, football, hockey, nascar, non-sports, SLU, bobble heads, highland mint, 4 sports autographs, and information about upcomming products, product reviews, etc. I've got a subscription.

However, I've also been considering a subscription to Beckett Baseball. Pricing varies a lot between the two... but Beckett offers more information on prices... as well as graded pricing. Sure they're a bit biased on that... but they are an authority at this point, as is Tuff Stuff. Either one will do you fine... but you'll save by going with Tuff Stuff unless you need extra detail... then pick up a copy of Beckett for your specific sport.

Kingpin --- try going to your local flea market. If I am in need of a recent Beckett, I can get one at mine for $2.

sometimes, I trade a few cards for the Beckett, usually $5-6 worth.

I love Tuff Stuff....it's the only guide I have that prices Starting Lineups ---- i just go to the bookstore at the mall (B. Dalton, Waldenbooks) and check it out monthly.

No need to spend $60 per year on Tuff Stuff subscription.

Go to the bookstore at your local mall. Same for Becketts

i use beckett just because it is what a lot of people i deal with in person uses...plus they are recognized more and i like to read the stories in them

I am different I guess I use Beckett on-line for the most current prices. It additionally will give prices for all grades by clicking a selector. Also as more people upload scans the price guide has the scans of the cards for better identification of certain unclear parallels or inserts. Rather inexpensive at 3.99 a month. I actually upload scans and randomly they award OPG's for scans (uploaded approcimately 1500 scans so far. Check out the contest tab in their homepage if interested. I also like TuffStuff because it does list all sports to include Classics for which I have many.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast