Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: I have to share this

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have to share this

A member on another autograph site got an RTS for STEVE MCNAIR!, it wasn't sent before his death but after and the guy claims he never knew McNair was murdered but that he's a fan of his. How on earth are you a fan when you don't even know that he died especially when it was covered on the news for muliple days. I understand sending to an older less known person asking for an autograph and then you realize they passed away but Steve McNair come on. Sorry for my rant but reading this just stunned me.

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewto...p?f=2&t=197400

SCF Rewards
    Country

i saw that too, what a disgrace

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also saw that and I couldn't believe it. And how can he say he didn't know. Everybody knows he passed away. It is a disgrace

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

I'm protecting the innocence of the absolutely stupid when I tell this......I saw a lady that had a 'TTM' blog that once wrote to a guy that had died two years prior. He was a name that most would recognize. All I could think was that what kind of letter did this lady write that she would not have wanted to 'check her facts' before writing to that person. I mean, perhaps I go too far, but I always check the following:
    1) is person alive?
    2) are there any publicized stories about person being in bad health?
    3) any pertinent stats, accomplishments, etc.

Wow. This person should be banned from mailing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What a shame.

And like that last post said, he even sent it to the Ravens.. There's just no excuse.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rlynch5ixp's Items on eBay

at least it went to the ravens facility and not his family home.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See biggums7's Items on eBay

looks like he was trying to do what some people do and that is send to where ever he played and hope the send him something signed or whatever to turn around and sell it on ebay. thats a true fan right there

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Unless they've been living in a cave for the past year, Steve McNair's death was one of the most well-documented among professional sports figures of the past year. Sending a request as current as November of this year is truly disgraceful and idiotic on every level.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (91)
    Country

oh boy...