Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Miles Austin Failure

SCF Rewards
    Country

Miles Austin Failure

I had a Miles Austin failure before even making a solid attempt:

I visit my brother. He is a lifelong Cowboys fan. He does not collect autographs. I find a nice Nike full-size football sitting on a recliner. I think, "Hmm, these 2 panels of smooth white surface would be perfect for graphs."

My brother says, "Oh, the one guy I work with...his dad is currently in some kind of business transaction with Miles Austin. His father asked if it would be okay to get some autographs and Miles said 'No prob.' So he told me I can get in on it."

Me: "Can I give you a little 4x6 photo I make?"

Bro: "Nope."

End of conversation.

Hahaha...it was worth asking. I felt rejected for all of 3 seconds. I understand that you really can't take advantage of the guy like that...especially if it is on a professional basis. Plus, my brother is the Cowboys fan...not me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha it makes sense with the professionalism and all, but man, that is still harsh!

SCF Rewards
    Country

hahaha yeah, i can understand him wanting to be professional and what not, but you GOTTA hook your own brother up!...that would seriously irritate me for a while and id remember it next time he wanted something from me lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah, im in medicine and i work for a major medical center that specializes in orthopedics and we get all of the athletes in the philly area so they are really strict with the professionalism guidelines.