Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you use COMC to buy cards?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Yes

36 46.15%
  • No

23 29.49%
  • I plan to buy on COMC.

10 12.82%
  • What's COMC?

9 11.54%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use COMC?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

pretty much. I think you get three months without the penny per month thing but don't quote me on that. If you are a buyer of cards, it makes sense to send a few in to COMC as I always seem to find cards on there I want.

seems like there isnt much room for profit unless your selling inserts or nicer stuff. if i sell something on there for a quarter im in the hole after the 2 cent fee and 20 percent. i saw someone selling something the other day for 19 cents on there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)
    Country

seems like there isnt much room for profit unless your selling inserts or nicer stuff. if i sell something on there for a quarter im in the hole after the 2 cent fee and 20 percent. i saw someone selling something the other day for 19 cents on there.

The way I've kinda figured it out is:

Base cards and junky inserts: Sportlots
    G/U, Autos, better inserts: COMC
    Big ticket item: Ebay

There is good profit on COMC from mid end stuff. If you have a $5 insert and mark it 60% off book, people feel like they are getting a deal. Plus, Irationalize it out with the combined shipping. Sure I could buy that insert on ebay for $1 but $3 shipping kills the deal.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

The way I've kinda figured it out is:

Base cards and junky inserts: Sportlots
    G/U, Autos, better inserts: COMC
    Big ticket item: Ebay

There is good profit on COMC from mid end stuff. If you have a $5 insert and mark it 60% off book, people feel like they are getting a deal. Plus, Irationalize it out with the combined shipping. Sure I could buy that insert on ebay for $1 but $3 shipping kills the deal.

maybe ill try that i have around 400 gu that im having trouble unloading. maybe ill send them in and sell them for like 2 bucks apeice off their. how much does it cost to get my cards back if i decide that i dont want them their anymore or that i cant sell them. is it the same 3 dollasr for one 25 cents for each additional to get my cards back?

also the 20 cent per card fee to scan in do i have to pay that upfront or does that come out of the money i make selling cards?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)
    Country

I'm not a COMC expert but I know it's not $3 + 0.25 to get them back.

The 20 cents per card is paid upfront. You can start slow though if you want. Maybe send in 100 card for $20. Then once a few sell you can package up more.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

I'm not a COMC expert but I know it's not $3 + 0.25 to get them back.

The 20 cents per card is paid upfront. You can start slow though if you want. Maybe send in 100 card for $20. Then once a few sell you can package up more.

i might do 100 to start. but im looking at the shipping in fees and it says 5 cents for every card that comes in a toploader. its kind of annoying for them to charge me to send my cards in a toploader then if i buy and want a card in a toploader its another 15 cents. seems like they should count the number of toploaders that i send in with my cards and keep those in my inventory so if i send in 100 top loader cards i get 100 free toploaders on my cards that i buy

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)
    Country

i might do 100 to start. but im looking at the shipping in fees and it says 5 cents for every card that comes in a toploader. its kind of annoying for them to charge me to send my cards in a toploader then if i buy and want a card in a toploader its another 15 cents. seems like they should count the number of toploaders that i send in with my cards and keep those in my inventory so if i send in 100 top loader cards i get 100 free toploaders on my cards that i buy

The system isn't perfect but it's a lot better than ebay IMO. Just sandwich the 100 cards in a card box with plenty of padding and they will be fine. Plus you can keep your top loaders and, at least for me, I like the idea as I constantly run out of them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

The system isn't perfect but it's a lot better than ebay IMO. Just sandwich the 100 cards in a card box with plenty of padding and they will be fine. Plus you can keep your top loaders and, at least for me, I like the idea as I constantly run out of them.

well if i can unload my gu cards for 2-3 dollars each consistently then its better then ebay for that. how long does it usually take to sell lower end gu/autos? i dont want to put 100 on and wait 5 months for them to sell. sorry for asking so many questions but i appreciate the help.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)
    Country

well if i can unload my gu cards for 2-3 dollars each consistently then its better then ebay for that. how long does it usually take to sell lower end gu/autos? i dont want to put 100 on and wait 5 months for them to sell. sorry for asking so many questions but i appreciate the help.

It really just depends on what you have. If you are holding a bunch of Aaron Brooks jerseys it might take a little longer lol. Also, it depends on if there is a solid player collector out there looking for cards. I'm on a bunch of forums and I know a ton of player collectors and you would be surprised at what people collect.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

It really just depends on what you have. If you are holding a bunch of Aaron Brooks jerseys it might take a little longer lol. Also, it depends on if there is a solid player collector out there looking for cards. I'm on a bunch of forums and I know a ton of player collectors and you would be surprised at what people collect.

thats where im struggling with what to send in. i want it to move quick but i also have alot of no names i would be trying to unload. maybe ill send in 50 good players and 50 no namers and see what happens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

another thing if you guys could help me on that, is how fast does COMC pick up on current market trends? like i want to get some prospect stuff that i can get at a great price but the shipping price kills the deal. so if i buy it and keep it in my account if the player gets hot and i list them up will they be as hot as say if they were on ebay? and still sell fast. because i can get some cards i want for 18 cents but then if i have to pay 10 dollars to ship them all then the deal is killed for me

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast