Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you use COMC to buy cards?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Yes

36 46.15%
  • No

23 29.49%
  • I plan to buy on COMC.

10 12.82%
  • What's COMC?

9 11.54%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use COMC?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)
    Country

another thing if you guys could help me on that, is how fast does COMC pick up on current market trends? like i want to get some prospect stuff that i can get at a great price but the shipping price kills the deal. so if i buy it and keep it in my account if the player gets hot and i list them up will they be as hot as say if they were on ebay? and still sell fast. because i can get some cards i want for 18 cents but then if i have to pay 10 dollars to ship them all then the deal is killed for me

COMC's pageviews are nowhere near ebay but they have steadily increased every quarter. It won't spike like ebay does but if you are holding a prospects cards in your inventory, you can always just buy the card for 0.18 and immediately put a sale price of $1 on it and you are in control of the prices. Your only risk is not being near a computer when a prospect does something. Maybe that same card starts going for $5. If you aren't near a computer you will sell it at $1.

Although, one could also say that getting any profit is good.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

COMC's pageviews are nowhere near ebay but they have steadily increased every quarter. It won't spike like ebay does but if you are holding a prospects cards in your inventory, you can always just buy the card for 0.18 and immediately put a sale price of $1 on it and you are in control of the prices. Your only risk is not being near a computer when a prospect does something. Maybe that same card starts going for $5. If you aren't near a computer you will sell it at $1.

Although, one could also say that getting any profit is good.

profit is profit thats true. i figured it didnt spike like ebay but as long as it does somewhat follow trends that 18 cents a card is a low risk to make a couple bucks a card in the future.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

I've been using them for several months. Mostly low to mid end stuff and so far I've been pleased. When I buy stuff I just wait to ship until I get a handful of cards. So far I haven't cashed out and just left my money on account so haven't paid the 20%. I've got another batch of stuff to set to go out this weekend. I'd rather use them than Ebay that's for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

I've been using them for several months. Mostly low to mid end stuff and so far I've been pleased. When I buy stuff I just wait to ship until I get a handful of cards. So far I haven't cashed out and just left my money on account so haven't paid the 20%. I've got another batch of stuff to set to go out this weekend. I'd rather use them than Ebay that's for sure.

how fast do you sell things? like i said above im thinking of trying 100 low end gu/autos and see how i do. with stuff like that how fast does it sell?

im not expecting to sell out in a week but i also dont want to have them for months.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

how fast do you sell things? like i said above im thinking of trying 100 low end gu/autos and see how i do. with stuff like that how fast does it sell?

im not expecting to sell out in a week but i also dont want to have them for months.

I usually sell 1-2 a day sometimes more, sometimes less. It all depends. Most of the stuff I put on COMC are extras so I'm not in much hurry to sell them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See travlncard's Items on eBay

heres my latest comc stats. basically comc has become like a stock market of sports cards for me, and I LOVE IT!!... i buy and sell on there everyday basically. i probably sell 2-5 cards a day on average... and i rarely use ebay anymore. only to sell an item here and there. i basically just keep my collection on there now, so much cooler all priced up with pics and stuff, and i dont have to worry about it around the house. it gets displayed safely in my own storefront basically

travlncard -
    Items in Inventory1,353
    Total Book Value$8,143.30
    Items w/o Book Price173
    Total Asking Price$6,940.57
    Items Not for Sale3
    Total Sales $3,354.14
    Items Sold 1,349
    Items Added to the Site 1,991

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/travlncard

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

heres my latest comc stats. basically comc has become like a stock market of sports cards for me, and I LOVE IT!!... i buy and sell on there everyday basically. i probably sell 2-5 cards a day on average... and i rarely use ebay anymore. only to sell an item here and there. i basically just keep my collection on there now, so much cooler all priced up with pics and stuff, and i dont have to worry about it around the house. it gets displayed safely in my own storefront basically

travlncard -
    Items in Inventory1,353
    Total Book Value$8,143.30
    Items w/o Book Price173
    Total Asking Price$6,940.57
    Items Not for Sale3
    Total Sales $3,354.14
    Items Sold 1,349
    Items Added to the Site 1,991

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/travlncard

how long have you been a memeber of comc? just curious to see how long it took you to get those sales. and what is a majority of your sales? low end gu? inserts?. sorry for all the questions im trying to pick everyones brain around here before sending in alot. im going to send in 100 cards to start and more as i can afford it so i want to make sure i send in stuff that will sell faster.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i signed up on 11/10/09

at first i sent in a small test batch, stuff i didnt mind in a sense being without... cause really at first i didnt know what to expect. so i tested the waters, i deposited $20 into the site using paypal. bought a few small cards like you had mentioned, the .18 cents and stuff, things i thought were deals. and then i used my remaining money for my initial batch to get processed... so all together i had an initial $20 deposit, and then pay to send my cards off to them

well then after processing my cards started selling... to the tune of a card or two a day as mentioned by bottom9th. well then it all stoped as the deals had been bought up, so i lowered my prices to get rid of what i had left, and eventually i pretty much got rid of it all... cause the stuff i sent in, i just wanted to get rid of, theres enought deals to be had on the site, theres always a few cards you can consider "steals" so i eventually sent in another batch, well then it got to the point where i realized i might as well just keep my collection on there. So "PC" type stuff i just price higher, alot of stuff i mark cheap, and keep marking it down to get rid of. but other stuff i just price it high, if someone is gonna pay overbook for a card they want, well then basically they wanted it more than me, and they can have it...

SCF Rewards
    Country

as far as what stuff sells for me, ill tell you right now its the oddest stuff, and the cheapest stuff that sells. i have a friend who cant sell a gu for the life of him on there... personally i dont have a whole lot of regular gu cards so i dont really have that problem. seems like random inserts and low end rcs to the best for me... maybe i can post my sales hold on

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

as far as what stuff sells for me, ill tell you right now its the oddest stuff, and the cheapest stuff that sells. i have a friend who cant sell a gu for the life of him on there... personally i dont have a whole lot of regular gu cards so i dont really have that problem. seems like random inserts and low end rcs to the best for me... maybe i can post my sales hold on

that stinks because i wanted to use it to unload low end gu. do you know how much he sells them for? i would really price any of mine over 2 bucks each but i dont want to send everything in and find out it wont sell.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast