Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Should we allow new people here to sell cards?

For the fourth time this week, I have been asked if I wanted to purchase cards from users with zero feedback who are brand new here on SCF. Two of the four times, I was asked to email the people off the site. As a general rule, I will not buy from anyone here with less than 10 feedback myself. But I also am growing concerned with the number of users who post 20 to 50 times about selling cards and are never seen again. So my question to everyone is this - should there be a minimum requirement to sell cards here on scf? Like an amount of time as a member, number of posts, or certain number of positive feedback before you are allowed to sell? I am interested in your thoughts....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just my 2 cents, It would be nice to have at least some feedback, maybe 10 or so before you sell, especially high end stuff. Unless maybe this person is well known on other forums, and people can vouch for them!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Good Question....We have went through this subject many times. Another Topic along the same lines is should new members enter into high value trades?

My answer is sure they can, maybe they have 100's of verifiable prior references.

In any event I still say "Buyer Beware" no matter the situation! An established member can, and should set the terms. Check the sellers credentials, verify all information, save Pm's..basically use your best judgement & treat every trade,sale, etc with the same prudent guidelines :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good responses so far....

SCF Rewards
    Country

i firmely believe they should at least have 5 posative feedbacks, and no negs. before they were allowed to sell here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everything is a risk, I got two trades pending right now, One worth about 140 dollars in cards. Even the most admired/respected memebers can thieves at times. Would I buy from a memeber with no posts... Hell no... Would i trade, he would have to send first. But how many feedbacks does it take to trust someone??

melvin

See chrisctwo's Items on eBay

I disagree. Everyone has to start somewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I had the bigbecraft situation myself, which still hurts. But with selling, shouldn't we as a rule or a right have the ability to still ask the member to send first? Thats what I do, and everytime its like no way no one would do that. Why not? Wether you are trading or buying/selling - its still the same principle. You should have to earn trust on this site....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like couldn't we put a must send first on all trades/sales thing into place until a member reaches a certain number of positive feedbacks on the site? Wouldn't that work?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like Chris said, everyone has to start somewhere. They can start off by selling but members with less then 5 feedback MUST send first. The only way I will buy from a member with less then 5 feedback is if they send first. Ran into a few people who didn't want to send first even though they had low feedback.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast