Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2011 NBA Champs? – CONTEST ENTRY

Hello everyone! For all you Sports Cards Forum members, you all know I am a big NBA fan. My threads, photos, signature, and posts, screen name, email, etc. are all basketball related. Not only am I a huge NBA fan, I know a lot about the sport. This year, I believe there are many NBA contenders for the NBA finals. Every team in the league have the chance to make the NBA finals, but the top three are the Miami Heats, San Antonio Spurs, and as always, the Los Angeles Lakers. The three teams are currently playing very well and exhibit much contention to be a favorite for the championship. However, the San Antonio Spurs have shown the most strength so far. Domination, great team chemistry, and great members of the organization have allowed me to give them my vote of being the 2011 NBA Champions. I believe they will be the team to beat after they win this year’s NBA championship.
    Why? I will let you know. First of all, I want to make sure you all know that I am a die-hard Houston Rockets fan. I live for the Houston Rockets. Even though they are playing terrible and have lots of injuries swarming around the team such as Yao Ming career-threatening injury, I still love them with all my heart. However, I do not believe my hometown team has enough talent to win the 2011 NBA Finals. Although teams this year have not shown much domination or pride to win it all, I believe the Miami Heats, Los Angeles Lakers, and the San Antonio Spurs have a better chance to win the Finals than my beloved team. The Miami Heats (a.k.a Team Big 3) have not shown what they can really do. They have the triplet, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and Lebron James. All three superstars are future Hall of Famers on a crowded team of talent. Their record has not been very impressive. An almost 30 and 10 start is not what many fans expected from a team like them. They have size, length, and the skills to be good enough to win every single NBA game. Also, the Los Angeles Lakers can also be considered a NBA finals contender. However, their record also does not show much domination after back to back years of winning it all. The team is stacked with talent and is very deep. For example, they have Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Matt Barnes, etc. Each rookie and veteran knows how to win. They also have the best player in the NBA, Kobe Bryant. Yeah! You guys heard me! I did say it, Kobe is the best player in the league right now. Anyways, both the Heats and the Lakers does not impress me enough to put the on the top. However, after many years of being on the top of the NBA, I believe the San Antonio Spurs have it all to win the championship again. The San Antonio Spurs always have a great team with great chemistry. Each and every player rather put their stats behind their team. They play as a team and care about wins more than anything else. Also, they have Tim Duncan. Timmy has been a great loyal player who contributes much to the franchise this past decade. He has shown loyalty to the team and never asked for a trade. He is the franchise player who attracts many other players to come play for the NBA’s “powerhouse.” The general manager and owner have also done an exceptional job. Both have spent the money and time to go out and get the best quality men to come play for a very classic team. For example, they went out to get Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Dejuan Blair, George Hill, Garry Neal etc. throughout the years. These players were not highly scouted but earned their way up due to the trust and great job done by the G.M and owner. They went through many tough years and rough paths, they all had to work their butt off to reach the level they are in at the moment. The entire organization works efficiently together and gets my vote of being the 2011 NBA champions.
    Even though I dislike the San Antonio Spurs (since I live close to Houston), I believe they have all the reasons to be considered the 2011 NBA champions. They have exhibit much effort pride throughout the years. This year, they have stepped it up and surprised every fan and player in the league. A strong team with a strong coach, general manager, owner, players, and stadium is what a champion NBA team needs. Therefore, all are accomplished by the Spurs. GO SPURS! Do not let me down! Even though I root for the Rockets, I would like the Spurs to win it all this year so I can have the “ Sports Cards Forum Essay” to brag about my legitimist NBA Final assumption.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Thanks for the entry, we rarelly get basketball ones! Feel free to write more :)

2011 NBA Champs? - dwighthoward