Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Rumors

SCF Rewards

Detroit Rumors

Whitney, Nieuwendyk, and Lang are all supposedly closed to coming to Detroit via Free Agency and traded.

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards

The wings have to be automatic favorites for the cup this year. They got the dominator and a defense with amazing stars both young and old. Their offense took a little hit by losing Federov (but he didn't do jack the second half) but the young guys like zetterberg and datsyuk are ready to take over and be the goal scorers. I like Nieuwendyk the best out of that list, a good solid goal-scorer through his whole career

SCF Rewards

I'd like him and Whitney. THey need some punch from the Wing and someone else down the middle. If they add both, they should be favorites.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stublem84's Items on eBay

I don't know why the Leafs are being so cheap. They know that Nieuwendyk wants to play there even at a lower salary but they are afraid for some reason. I think he will end up in Detroit for sure. I'd like to see Whitney in Vancouver.

Here's another player to add to the Wings list of players they should look at. Pavol Demitra. The Blues aren't really looking to pay him the kind of money he wants so he could be dealt as part of a trade for Cujo. He is younger and faster than Doug Weight.

SCF Rewards

I'd LOVE Demitra to get for CuJo. That would be great. I like Whitney in Detroit because I want to see the Wings with more O on the Wing. He'd be a real good fit in Vancouver, though.

SCF Rewards

Bottom Line....Wings win the Cup with Hasek and don't even win a game in the playoffs with Cujo

See phantomkid21's Items on eBay

niuewendyk is old but he might be a good fit, like brett hull

i think the avs are the fav., they need a goalie tho

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stublem84's Items on eBay

It wasn't Cujo's fault in the playoffs that the Wings couldn't score. He had a below average regular season but was alright in the playoffs. How many total goals did the Wings score in the 4 games against Anahiem?

SCF Rewards

The point about CuJo blowing it is that he's an "elite" goalie and the Wings lost 4 1-goal games and he let at least one soft goal in all of those games. Its not his overall numbers that are bad, just when he gets beat.

SCF Rewards

I guess I was spoiled with Hasek -lol-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast