Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Buffy1022's Items on eBay

Signature confirmation vs DC

I dont mind spending the extra buck on signature confirmation for piece of mind but is it really nescesary? Will I still be protected if the seller says they didnt get the item even though I use DC? I ask this becauseI know how PayPal usually sides with the buyer. Obviously I would use it on transactions over $100. My concern is on items that are $50 and up? What do you think?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Signature confirmation is more specific, it shows you who received and signed the package. It is more "safer", but usually DC is fine with most transaction.

Blog Entries
    Country

With something high end, signature confirmation might be a good idea. On a low end deal, on eBay for example, delivery confirmation is definitely all I would use. I would assume with signature confirmation that it is almost proof that the item was received, though I don't really know if you can ever have full protection against disputes.

I would go with signature confirmation on eBay with items over $50. So many people trying to make a buck on a dispute. Here, I don't think that's necessary.

SCF Rewards
    Country

actually if you print your postage directly from paypal delivery confirmation is only .19 for .19 i put it on everything i ship cant go wrong. as for being protected from a buyer dispute/claim if its a not recieved claim and you have DC and is shows it was delivered (to the address on the payment details page) you will always win now and this has happen to me in the past if the DC is not scanned by the person delivering the mail and a not reiceved dispute comes up then you will lose as it has to show it was delivered. as for not as discribed its a 50/50 but paypal has been working alot more to be more lets say down the middle then favor the buyers. one thing to do prior to shipping which i do with all items i sell is to take pre shipment pictures. also just incase you didnt know, if you sell something off ebay (not an ebay transaction) and they use paypal as a payment option the only kind of dispute/claim they can make on is a not recieved claim/dispute as paypal will not honor not as discribed claims as they only do that for EBAY transactions. hope this info helps. Oh and about paypal claims, buyers only have 5 claims that can be award in there favor in a lifetime (pays to read the small print) so im sure with all the scammers out there there not going to waste 5 claims on small ammount items the scammers are going to go after the more high dollar items like the hundreds or thounsands of dollars
    Last edited by everythingcollect; 02-07-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Country

actually if you print your postage directly from paypal delivery confirmation is only .19 for .19 i put it on everything i ship cant go wrong. as for being protected from a buyer dispute/claim if its a not recieved claim and you have DC and is shows it was delivered (to the address on the payment details page) you will always win now and this has happen to me in the past if the DC is not scanned by the person delivering the mail and a not reiceved dispute comes up then you will lose as it has to show it was delivered. as for not as discribed its a 50/50 but paypal has been working alot more to be more lets say down the middle then favor the buyers. one thing to do prior to shipping which i do with all items i sell is to take pre shipment pictures. also just incase you didnt know, if you sell something off ebay (not an ebay transaction) and they use paypal as a payment option the only kind of dispute/claim they can make on is a not recieved claim/dispute as paypal will not honor not as discribed claims as they only do that for EBAY transactions. hope this info helps. Oh and about paypal claims, buyers only have 5 claims that can be award in there favor in a lifetime (pays to read the small print) so im sure with all the scammers out there there not going to waste 5 claims on small ammount items the scammers are going to go after the more high dollar items like the hundreds or thounsands of dollars

Really? I already have a couple.