Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New, but not really

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@FirstPitchCards

New, but not really

This is probably my 2nd introduction on the site. I joined a few years ago when I tried to get back into the hobby a few years ago. I grew up collecting as a kid and have a "ton" of cards to show for it at my parents' house.

I tried getting back into it with the autos and game used three-four years ago. I have quite the collection of Maurice Jones-Drew rookie autos/game used/base rookies. I also have a decent collection of Ben Sheets and Eric Chavez, two of my favorite baseball players.

I now have a full-time job after graduating college. I have a very limited budge as I'm a first year teacher and I am already financially committed to a four week trip to Europe this summer. I am looking to get back into collecting once again. One contributing factor to this resurgence, I attended TwinsFest this year and got hooked on collecting autos. I was able to get Rollie Fingers and Phil Niekro autos. I found an autographed 8x10 of Jerry Koosman my dad got me when I was home this weekend.

This time around, I am thinking of getting a paypal account as many of the people here use that. I am also debating purchasing some autographed items from different sites to add to my collection. There are a few players who I can get for cheap that I have been a fan of for awhile. I am wondering if these two thoughts are a good idea. How credible is it to buy items from dealers online, the sites seem very credible. I am also thinking of purchasing some 8x10 photos and sending them to different players to get signed, most require a fee as they are hall of famers in their respective sports.

Any tips would be appreciated for this 3rd time around beginner. Thanks!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Welcome again!

My advice to you is to just take it slow; start small and gradually get larger.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@FirstPitchCards

Has anyone ever bought anything from a site, autograph items that is?

I plan on starting slow and easing my way into it. I'm going to take a look at some of the players I want to get into collecting, probably ask around about who would be good to collect. I'm thinking for football, I might try and continue my MJD collection and then collect my favorite team in the world, the Packers. Doesn't help they just won tonight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

welcome back to the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See htwheelz01's Items on eBay

Welcome back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome back to SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Hello and welcome back to SCF!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings
    See 45105's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome to the site. Hope you can find some folks on here to trade with as that is always the cheapest method of expanding your personal collection!

Blog Entries
    Country

Welcome to SCF! Any problems just shoot me a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast