Thread: Box Toppers

Box Toppers

Ok, let me show my ignorance lol, what exactly are box toppers? Thanks in advance

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    When you buy a hobby box of cards, some sets issue box toppers. They are additional cards inserted into the box and sit on top of the packs...

Thanks, for some reason I had a picture in my head of one of those 5x7 cards. Appreciate the info enigma

There are some in retail boxes too, but they're generally generic (you know exactly what the box topper is going to be) and not worth much.

For example, in 2002 Fleer Tradition baseball, a Barry Bonds pin from his 600th home run was inserted into retail packages. In 2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Baseball, a box topper is an autographed 8x10 plaque numbered to less than 150 of a star you have no idea until you open the black shrink wrapping. There are 41 Legendary Signatures versions, the highest print run being Honus Wagner numbered to /11, and the signatures are all cut.

Tim

didnt you say you were getting a playoff box stkmtimo.
    if you did how did it turn out and what was you box topper

Originally posted by Ichiro
    didnt you say you were getting a playoff box stkmtimo.
    if you did how did it turn out and what was you box topper
    Yeah, that was me. Just ordered the box today so I won't know until a few days before the end of the week. I'll let you know then.

Tim