Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Country

No Problems whatsoever buddy! collect away!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not a problem at all. There are three cards that I own 10% or more of... And I don't mean low numbered like /10 or /15. One is /100, one is /900, and one is /925. Not likely that I'll get all of them, but the thrill is in the chase. Gives me something to do, something to get excited about when I have the opportunity to acquire one. After all, that's what the hobby's all about!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

nothing wrong with multiples. Heck im on a hoarding fest myself. If someone else wants one of those cards they will have to pay accordingly

SCF Rewards
    Country

nothing wrong with multiples. Heck im on a hoarding fest myself. If someone else wants one of those cards they will have to pay accordingly

haha i will be gladly pay a premium for some of your cards =]]] if you even consider letting some go hehe

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gretzky_collector's Items on eBay

I was telling my buddy (who collected back in the day but basically knows nothing about the hobby and cards now) about my print run a couple of days before this thread even started. He said I should video tape burning 4 of them and then I have the only one. I explained to him that I would pretty much have a 1/1. I'd rather 5 of a kind than a 1/1. I told him in all my years collecting I can can count on one hand the number of collector's, that I know of, that have completed full print runs. (4 to be exact) I am sure there are more but haven't seen them.

One of one's are cool and all, but they don't appeal to me that much. I get more excited on landing a /5 or /10 than I do a 1/1, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sounds like the person who mailed you just had sour grapes. It's up to YOU how to collect, and no one else.

As a player collector, if I found out that someone had a complete run of a low print-run group of cards I needed, I'd be disappointed, but it's not MY place to tell them what they're doing is wrong....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am shocked that somebody would even bring it up. I collect duplicates all the time...then i trade them for other ones i want...lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My opinion: Most of the people that responded are hoarders. But It really depends what you are doing with the cards and how rich you are... If it is for the PC then thats fine, but if you plan on selling them on ebay for a premium in the short run, (mind you i said short run) thats a dick move. It may work for some people, but its mean. I see a lot of people outbid me, knowing that I over bid in the first place and then see the card listed shortly thereafer for close to double what it sold for, or I see them fishing for a new high best offer. I have no tolerance for that. Obviously you can do what you like with your money and others will do what they want. The question you have to ask yourself is, if that person emailed you politely and offered you a reasonably small premium on the card you bought, would you sell to them to help them with there set. If the answer is "yes" than you are fine and in the clear... If the answer is no, you have to ask yourself why do you collect if you arent willing to enjoy the cards with other people....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Washington Capitals Colorado Avalanche
    See rockstartrev's Items on eBay Instagram:

Not at all, especially if you are player collecting. I have about 10 Salo print runs started and 5 Varly print runs on the go.
    Non numbered, unless it's a must have young gun or someting of that nature, I wouldnt waste time on, but thats just me
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Collecting Matt Duchene, Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar
    All Seattle Kraken Memorabilia Cards Hidden Content
    All Colorado Avalanche Memorabilia Cards Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well thanks for the responses guys. For the record this whole thing started with me picking up 3 of Dana Tyrells SPGU /10 Spectrum Authentic Rookie. The funny/weird thing is that the person who PMd me actually already has one of the cards in question lol.

I dunno. I guess everyone has their own rules to this hobby. I just didnt think it was an issue considering its for my PC.

Maybe I can get them to trade me the copy they have ;)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast