Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Tavares values will continue to plummet until the Islanders trade him away for nothing, in the fine tradition of Mike Milbury.

Sad really.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not so sure about tha Centre-- the Islanders are kind of an intriguing team these days. Sometimes they play some fairly exciting hockey. If they can replicate the mojo they're working now into next season, fans might soon be won over.

And btw, go Al Montoya!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This has more to do with it being a common GU piece than the player. Even Stamkos and Crosby jerseys don't go for more than $10 usually.

That being said, since this is the first year that his GU cards are actually GU'd...you'd think there would be something of a level of interest.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

This is why being a team collector I am in no rush to jump on all the new rookies right away. I will gladly wait for the hype to end on Subban before I look to pick up his higher-end rookies. If you collect for the sake of keeping the cards in your collection it is always better to wait.

Country

Goes to show that there are great deals to be had on ebay. Tavares is a hell of a hockey player, and the Islanders (and it pains me to say it) have some nice talent on the ice (not in the front office - but definitely on the ice).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (17)
    Country
    See bangkokbob76's Items on eBay

This is why being a team collector I am in no rush to jump on all the new rookies right away. I will gladly wait for the hype to end on Subban before I look to pick up his higher-end rookies. If you collect for the sake of keeping the cards in your collection it is always better to wait.

Agreed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bohorvat53's Items on eBay

Game used cards are not worth what they once were. I remember when I was younger and started out in the hobby I used to open those Private Stock packs with 1 game used card in every pack. And if I hit a player I really liked it was an unreal feeling. Now it's still the same feeling but not as great as it once was.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is sad, but I would definitely keep those for the prices whomever got them. Tavares is definitely heating up. He just needs a few solid linemates and then he will be up there with stamkos and crosby. Its very hard to be so talented with out an assist man like st louis is to stamkos.
    Looking from the sidelines though I noticed Tavares went from #60 in regard to points in the league, about half way in the season to now in the top 25 and the fact that he is canadian definitely helps for hockey cards... I wouldnt write those off yet.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

The rookie buyers have moved on to a new season of "flavors-of-the-month". Tavares has a ton of potential and once he accomplishes more people will be back for his cards, but it is interesting how quickly the market tides can turn when it comes to rookies/young players.
    Last edited by Inferno; 03-16-2011 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The GU market is under siege. It's beyond saturation.

Never was the time more right for some really cool, tough to get inserts with style like Donruss and Pacific used to produce from 96-99.

If Topps had a brain, they would re-introduce Gold Label. Keep the inserts stingy and wonderful like the original products and you'd have a winner.

Upper Deck Inserts have been boring since 2001, with no creativity. Serial numbers aren't required either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast