Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Sapprules's Items on eBay

Hey Roy.the.Greatest your're not in the zone with that one. In this page ONLY, I can see TEN Roy shield !!!! And I never saw this card in my entire life. 500 signed ?? It's clearly not that card. It's another version. This gold signed card is an absolute beauty.

Also, my two cent, shield card will not worth a lot in 5 years...
    Last edited by Phil44; 03-15-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If that is the card I think it is, there are 500 as well as 500 Kirk McLeans.

With that said, this is the first of either I have ever seen. Insane pull, congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country

here is a picture of the card, scan made the card look pretty scratched but it has been in the same holder since day 1

Haven't heard of a signed Roy card like that, but it's a great card for sure. Contact Beckett Hockey and maybe they have something to say about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

Hey Roy.the.Greatest your're not in the zone with that one. In this page ONLY, I can see TEN Roy shield !!!! And I never saw this card in my entire life. 500 signed ?? It's clearly not that card. It's another version. This gold signed card is an absolute beauty.

- Begin of my rant -
    Instead of calling people out and complaining about the finest cards from The Cup and Ultimate Collection (what is the link with this Pro Set card?), can you provide significant information about this 1991-92 Pro-Set card? Where are your 1990's hockey cards guides/catalogues to provide information to the collector? By the way, ALL modern hockey cards do not worth a lot, what is $1000-$4000 these days, anybody can buy anything he wants in this affordable hobby.
    - End of my rant -

Now back to the topic...

I hope the back of the card is different than the regular CC2; otherwise to make replicas would be easy, way more easy than what patch forgers are doing these days. However, if the back of the card is different (certificate of authenticity, etc.), then you are in business!

I encourage people to search/look in your 1990's hockey cards catalogues, a lot of significant information is provided (not only related to the card of this topic). These days, people are mainly looking to find informatiion through internet via Google... older catalogues still are a nice source of information!

If that is the card I think it is, there are 500 as well as 500 Kirk McLeans.

With that said, this is the first of either I have ever seen. Insane pull, congrats.

Such as Roy Pro Set auto cards, people should realized that Kirk McLean 1991-92 Pro-Set auto cards are also DIFFICULT to find in 2011, 500 copies of each made almost 20 years ago, where most of the collectors of the 1990's are no more active, it makes cards like that difficult to find.
    Last edited by roy.the.greatest; 03-16-2011 at 09:52 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The owner of a reputable card store in the Montreal area told me today on the phone that the Mask (CC2) don't have an official autographed version (like the 2 other Roys and the Kirk McLean); probably a personal autograph on a regular insert CC2 card. A card store of Quebec City also told me the same thing, probably a personal autograph. So I need to continue some research. I find this interesting. The Canadian collector's kits don't provide precise memories. A story to follow...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jesterlaw's Items on eBay

I owned a card store during those days, and I own the Kirk McLean and Roy "regular" autos from the set. I have never heard of an auto on the Mask card, ever. Not saying it's fake by any stretch, just that I have zero recollection of it even being made. The other auto is well known, but in 20 years I've never heard of this one, let alone seen it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

hmm as the great snoopy once said...the plot thickens...this is very interesting now lol
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

My two cents... Personally I would take any of (Roy The Greatest) shield cards over The Pro Set Autograph Roy Mask card

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

becketts online database has mention of 2 autos's and both were numbered outta 1000 but they are not "the mask" card....just in case anyone was wondering

SCF Rewards
    Country

From this point, we have 2 options:

A) This card is one of the 500 cards that Roy signed for distribution in Canadian collector's kits. I guess some kind of "promotional cards", maybe the reason why it would only be an auto added on the front of a card; indirectly easy to produce replicas. But nobody sounds aware of this kind of card (if it exists), even the huge Roy collectors that I know in the Quebec province and contacted today, and reputable card stores.

B) It is simply a personal autograph added on a regular CC2 card.

Anyway, considering the starter of this topic would be legit, I am trying to validate option A; I also want to exactly know what were the Pro-Set Canadian collector's kits... maybe kits for sale at Zellers at that time!?...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast