Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

i am headed up to take a few pictures of the collector box set just so people know what we are talking about

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

sounds good, it will help us

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are interesting things online about Pro Set, but sadly sounds mainly about Football, here is a blog for Pro Set collectors! See:

http://prosetfootball.blogspot.com/2...ollectors.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

i uploaded the pictures of the kit to my album

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not asking Patrick himself c/o Nicole Bouchard on Remparts website ? We never know...

SCF Rewards
    Country

From this point, we have 2 options:

A) This card is one of the 500 cards that Roy signed for distribution in Canadian collector's kits. I guess some kind of "promotional cards", maybe the reason why it would only be an auto added on the front of a card; indirectly easy to produce replicas. But nobody sounds aware of this kind of card (if it exists), even the huge Roy collectors that I know in the Quebec province and contacted today, and reputable card stores.

B) It is simply a personal autograph added on a regular CC2 card.

Anyway, considering the starter of this topic would be legit, I am trying to validate option A; I also want to exactly know what were the Pro-Set Canadian collector's kits... maybe kits for sale at Zellers at that time!?...

He has stated many times it was a pack pulled card by him personally. How could it be a personal autograph when it came straight out of a sealed pack like that?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

He has stated many times it was a pack pulled card by him personally. How could it be a personal autograph when it came straight out of a sealed pack like that?

The CC2 autograph did not come from the regular packs. It was exclusive to the Collectors kits which came with a binder, pages, a cello boxed assortment of cards (around 75 cards or so if I recall), some other miscellaneous literature and were available in many retail outlets at the time. It is legit with 500 copies made (but not numbered) however it is not differentiated from the regular CC2 card in any way. The last few to run through ebay have been consistent in the $150-200 range and tend to show up a couple times a year.
    Last edited by dahabsfan; 03-17-2011 at 04:35 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

When the internet first arrived in 1994-95 I remember discussing this with somebody. A wholesaler told me that the Roy Mask Auto was some ratio like 1:600 Cases. probably more.

I do know that it is one of the longest odds in card history. Unfortunately 91-92 ProSet had more cards than there are humans that walk the Earth.

The Bobby Orr Auto is at least 1:600 Cases, the Roy is supposed to be even tougher than the Orr and I've seen 3 different Orr Autos from the same issue.

It's scarce. long, and tough. For damn sure.

There was no Orr Proset auto. He was in Score only and had 15,000 total autographs. They're tough but nowhere near as rare as you think they are.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The CC2 autograph did not come from the regular packs. It was exclusive to the Collectors kits which came with a binder, pages, a cello boxed assortment of cards (around 75 cards or so if I recall), some other miscellaneous literature and were available in many retail outlets at the time. It is legit with 500 copies made (but not numbered) however it is not differentiated from the regular CC2 card in any way. The last few to run through ebay have been consistent in the $150-200 range and tend to show up a couple times a year.

Finally, great information added here! I was almost feeling (again?) like a martian on this forum where people were throwing tomatoes on the information I provided from a printed catalog. Few collectors even compared the collectability of this Pro Set card to the finest Patrick Roy cards made these days, quite incredible! Since we cannot differentiate it from the regular CC2 in any way (like a personal autograph added on a card), it is more a promotional card than an official card (no way to validate if truely legit or not without a collector putting his hand on a bible!), thousands of replicas could be made anyday of the year. Also a reason why a card like that doesn't appear on checklists. For the collector, as he said, this specific card has more a personal/sentimental value for him... perfect this way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i would like to thank everyone for helping me learn a little about my card , although im almost positive i pulled it from a package that christmas but it was also the same christmas that i received the collector set & i was very excited to have the card so i guess it is possible that it was in the box set . I guess that would be the only explanation as how how i obtained the card that christmas since it was not possible to get this card from a regular box according to all the info we have. i guess it will go back into storage with the rest of my old collection .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast