Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ebay Sleuth Required......

Good Morning;

Does anybody know who g***k (7650) is on E-Bay?

Thanks

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

If I'm not mistaken the symbol of a letter in this case g***k is just a symbol attached randomly to that bidder for that specific auction.

I'm not certain that the same eBay user keeps the same annotation with every auction..... or do they? The number probably bears more significance than the secret non de plume.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

unless you've got an educated guess as to who they might be already - it's impossible to find out.

eBay switched things up a while back, so that the buyers identity would remain private. I don't think the symbol is random. For example, I always show up as f***d when I place a bid (my eBay username is the same as my SCF username). I think they really are plucking two characters from the actual name, putting 3 stars inbetween them, and that's all they show.

If you've got a list of 5 or 6 users that you think could be the buyer, search for them in eBay's member directory and see if their feedback number matches. If you have no idea, that won't work.

Only other thing you could do is contact the seller - and ask if he'll send your username to the buyer, to contact you. The seller will know who the buyer is (obviously) but I know if it were me..... I would not be willing to give out the user name without the buyer's permission. I would suspect most sellers would act the same.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

if this member won a auction your were bidding on keep a eye on the sellers feedback. sooner or later this member will leave feedback. the seller might also leave feedback as soon as payment is made so search that way too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dzc0044's Items on eBay

If you think this is a player collector, try putting an item from the player out for sale and watch for a feedback # match in your bids/offers received.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gambler49.geo's Items on eBay

If they are a PC collector look at the PC cards that have sold in the last few months. Check feedback on some of the bigger ones and you might be able to match it up. You can confirm it if their feedback increases and you see the random name's feedback increase as well. I have a list of other PC collectors that typically bid (or out bid me) that is routinely updated (their feedback number). So when I'm bidding on a PC card I can see who I'm up against and if they bought to much lately or if they have those deep pockets that is hard to battle. Just part of the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you think this is a player collector, try putting an item from the player out for sale and watch for a feedback # match in your bids/offers received.

smart.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Careful sellers, giving out this info may lead to co-op bidding i.e. I won't bid on this one if you don't bid on that one but as a buyer that's a very useful tool for that reason.
    Collecting:Leafs Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Conacher, Horner, Broda, Bower, Clark, Gilmour and others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if this member won a auction your were bidding on keep a eye on the sellers feedback. sooner or later this member will leave feedback. the seller might also leave feedback as soon as payment is made so search that way too.

This is your answer 100%. Watch the sellers feedback for when that auction receives feedback for the transaction. The buyers name is out in the open completely once he leaves feedback and it shows what auction each feedback is for. Its very easy to find it that way.
    Last edited by Lamplitersniper; 03-17-2011 at 02:02 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

Bingo!!!

This is your answer 100%. Watch the sellers feedback for when that auction receives feedback for the transaction. The buyers name is out in the open completely once he leaves feedback and it shows what auction each feedback is for. Its very easy to find it that way.

And my second answer in agreement!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!