Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Should I do?

SCF Rewards
    Country

My 4yr old is the same way, he loves the Penguins jersey and i give him all the base cards. He loves getting so many different players. My 8yr old is an Isles fan and I asked him if he wanted to collect one specific player and he told me he wanted to collect all the players cause he liked the whole team. I'm sure if you give him a mix of tampa players he will be thrilled.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Buy him base lightning cards, he is too young to know any better, and getting him more expensive cards at this point may be a waste of time and money. Kids get excited about things and then often times they get bored of them just as quick. Hopefully he doesn't but if he does at least you haven't spent a lot on it. Ask me about my kids absolute desire to play guitar. Yea that went well, nearly $500 later and it lasted a week and a half.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Regin or Cowen (;

buy the kid a box of Score

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

I could just continue with my Regin PC and when he's older give it to home (and home Regin has a better season next year lol), I would never let him play with the expensive cards, I know better then that lol. Those would all be put up

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TMacfreak91's Items on eBay

As others have said, I'd recommend just giving him base cards of the lightning every now and then for now...if you give him just a few here and there, it keeps him excited every time and I think would probably ensure that he becomes a longtime collector ;)

Best of luck breeding a new collector Tyson!

Steve

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

There is a slippery slope with kids.

If you pick a young player like Tyrell or Tokarski and the kid catches on, then he/you can go for the limited number of cards out there, chase them and have fun.

Now if you say encourage him toward St. Louis or Vinny, then be prepared to be BROKE, as a collector can spend some large amounts of cash on guys like this that have a ton of cards out there in the trade.

You want to be careful of the "Hey Dad, I want this one" and you look and the BIN is $80.00. Lol.

Get him loving Base Cards, then he will turn into a respectful collector that will take his time and enjoy the hobby rather than just seeking patches and low numbers that you possibly cannot afford, nor do you want to disappointment him by cards being cost prohibitive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

SOunds good, anyone got any 2010-11 Tampa Bay base cards or any Peter Regins of any sort?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12