Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

what is the right approach to initiate a trade?

Hi guys, I am a bit frustrated right now about card trading, so just wanna hear your comments. Maybe I can learn from you all.

The background story is that I saw a card that I am interested in in the highend section, so I PMed the owner and offered another highend card with a greater value. At the same time, I mentioned in my PM that I would need a bit more than just the card posted because my card has higher value. so we started talking via PM. Later on, I could not find other cards I could use from his bucket and he has no none-scanned cards for trade, so I thanked him, and said maybe next time. Normally this would be the end. However, this fellow member was not happy and PMed me saying that I did not have any intention to trade my card in the first place because he had his bucket link since day one but I didn't check it. (in other words, I was wasting his time).

I know I should have checked his bucket before contacting him, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with contacting him first the way I did cuz I didn't make any promise that I would trade my higher value card to him.

Anyways, please share your thoughts. thanks

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There's not really a defined single "right" way to initiate a trade - they often start simply enough with a "That's a nice ... - please let me know if it's available" and that leads to trade talks until a deal is either reached, or not. If you offer up something to someone, and they're interested, and they've got something you want it's up to the both of you to try and work it out...be it adding new cards, PayPal, or just going with a simple 1-for-1 deal. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xirxious's Items on eBay

I get people alot offerring stuff I don't collect or want. I just say thanks and move on. People always want to come out ahead in a trade, I'm more happy getting rid of the masses of traders for Wings stuff. There are traders out there who go 'testing the waters' as they say. They put items up for trade but are really seeing if they get an offer far enough over Bv for them to make a profit on.