Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Local Boy Up for Hobey Baker

My local, not yours. I used to ref a lot of this kid's games in pee-wee and bantam and my uncle was his coach for a couple of years. Class act from a great family, I hope he wins it.
    Ex Warrior up for College Honour

A former defenceman with the Westside Warriors is in the running for U.S. College's top individual honour.

Justin Schultz, a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin, is one of 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker Award, given annually to the top player in U.S. College hockey.

Schultz, who spent two seasons with the Warriors, led all college defencemen in scoring with 18 goals and 47 points.

His 18 goals was one shy of the all-time single season record of 19 goals in one season set by Sean Hill.

The 47 points led the Badgers in scoring and also ranked fifth overall in the nation.

Schultz also led the nation in power-play points and potted the sixth hat-trick by a Badgers defenceman in team history.

He was named the WCHA Defenceman of the Year.

The Badgers were eliminated in the first round of NCAA playoffs, losing in three games to Colorado College last weekend.

Schultz, a second round pick of the Anaheim Ducks in 2008, had 25 goals and 91 points in 108 games in a Warriors uniform.

Former Badger Blake Geoffrion captured the 2010 Hobey Baker.

The other nine finalists include Boston College's Cam Atkinson, Miami's Carter Camper, Minnesota Duluth's Jack Connolly, North Dakota's Matt Frattin, Miami's Andy Miele, Maine's Gustav Nyquist, Rensselear's Chase Polacek, New Hampshire's Paul Thompson and Niagara's Paul Zanette.

Last edited by Wickabee; 03-19-2011 at 03:35 AM.