Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Does anyone print postage online thru USPS?

Want to get into that since it is cheaper and had some questions. How easy is it to do? I know you have to download some program to print the labels. Also how can you pay for it? Paypal?
    Must it be printed on label paper? I don't do enough shipping to make it worthwhile spending $ on the paper. So can you just print it on plain white paper and affix it to the package with clear tape?
    Once you affix the postage label do you just drop it at the post office and it's all set?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use paypal for printing postage labels. Prints off my regular printer onto normal paper.

You can drop at the PO or place it in the mail for pickup.

SCF Rewards
    Country

To do this I think you have to have a credit card and bank account listed...not sure though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

To print from USPS, you can use regular paper, just like Paypal shipping. The difference is you cannot ship first class like you can via Paypal. If someone has paid you via Paypal, that's your best bet as you can ship first class on cards or boxes. Use USPS if someone paid you via cash, money order or check and you are shipping in a box. You can opt to create an account and have a credit card on file or you can simply create a label and just enter a credit card each time.

You can then take it to the PO for drop off or have your mail carrier pick it up from your house the next day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How would I go about getting started regarding the Paypal shipping option. Are there fees for using this. I have a paypal account already.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You are already set up as long as you have a Paypal account. There are no fees except paying delivery confirmation, but it is only .19 as compared to getting it from the post office for .80. When someone pays (via regular Paypal payment), you can view that payment on Paypal and a shipping option will appear. Just click it and follow the instructions. Paypal will just take the money for postage directly from your Paypal account.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are already set up as long as you have a Paypal account. There are no fees except paying delivery confirmation, but it is only .19 as compared to getting it from the post office for .80. When someone pays (via regular Paypal payment), you can view that payment on Paypal and a shipping option will appear. Just click it and follow the instructions. Paypal will just take the money for postage directly from your Paypal account.

Do they offer discounts like USPS does? I had a buyer suggesting a small flate rate box for $5 which is usually $5.20 in the post ofice. I'd fiddle around with it but don't to go buying something and it be wrong. I saw no places where it tells the rates.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Do they offer discounts like USPS does? I had a buyer suggesting a small flate rate box for $5 which is usually $5.20 in the post ofice. I'd fiddle around with it but don't to go buying something and it be wrong. I saw no places where it tells the rates.

Yep. Its $5 and you get free DC on it as well.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you follow the procedures for setting up a merchant account...you can print a label to anyone at anytime. You can use it for trades...etc.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You get the same discounts on Priority box shipping that USPS offers for online shipping...

Small Flat Rate with DC - USPS = $5
    Small Flat Rate with DC - Paypal = $5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast