Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is This Too Common Sense?

In light of Donald Trump's recent revivial of the question of Barack Obama's birth certificate, I have a question.

Why does Barack Obama not just show his birth certificate? Why let this drag on for 2 years? Why not just put the nay-sayers to rest with a release of his birth certificate? They release tax records, financial documents, driving records, military records, etc., what is the down side of a legitimate, notarized copy of his birth certificate?

Is this too much common sense? Is this too obvious? I feel kind of silly for pointing it out but it seems so obvious that it is kind of odd. IMO it lends to the argument that he is not a citizen by refusing to provide a notarized copy of his BC.

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

If the people who needed to see the freakin' thing hadn't been satisfied with what they were shown, he never would have made it even as far as being an official candidate. To claim otherwise is to claim that either A) The agency in charge of verifying eligible candidates for the highest office in the land is utterly incompetent, B) Obama is just too good a con artist for those people to figure it out, or C) There's some kind of conspiracy going on, which includes every Republican in every branch of the federal government who isn't signing on to this ludicrous campaign. If you say A, you throw into doubt the eligibility of all past presidents. If you say B, you obviously have a much higher opinion of his capabilities than I do. If you say C, I have an alien spaceship filled with cancer cures to sell you.

Anyone who's still on the birther bandwagon obviously just doesn't care what he does. No matter what he shows them, they will always, automatically, dogmatically and unthinkingly say "Nuh-uh! That's not real either! You still haven't shown us the real one!" Why should anyone bother trying to appease people who have already decided in advance that they will never be appeased no matter what? Clearly they have some unspoken agenda underlying their actions and I bet I can guess what that is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I've seen the copy of it online as well as copies of the announcements from honolulu newspapers. I suppose anyone can say that these are fakes, but I think it would quite difficult for a candidate to file a fraudulent birth certificate that is filed by the state. I seem to think that this would be something that could be uncovered if in fact it were fake.

It also brings the question of what could Obama or anyone else believed to have filed fake birth certificates prove it? How would someone that believes him to be not natively born like him to prove that he was born in Hawaii?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I get your point but using the futility of producing a BC as a defense doesn't make sense. Saying "nobody will belive me anyway" is not a valid argument IMO. When a sincere question is raised about a president then he is obligated to respond to it. The question of Bill Clinton's devotion to his marriage was raised and he reluctantly responded to it. Obama ignoring this as a way of avoiding it just makes it worse.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've seen the copy of it online as well as copies of the announcements from honolulu newspapers. I suppose anyone can say that these are fakes, but I think it would quite difficult for a candidate to file a fraudulent birth certificate that is filed by the state. I seem to think that this would be something that could be uncovered if in fact it were fake.

It also brings the question of what could Obama or anyone else believed to have filed fake birth certificates prove it? How would someone that believes him to be not natively born like him to prove that he was born in Hawaii?

The issue I had with the Hawaii BC was that it wasn't notarized. Most states, including Hawaii, put an official seal on birth certificates. The one that was shown to be his had no seal.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (181)
    Country

If the people who needed to see the freakin' thing hadn't been satisfied with what they were shown, he never would have made it even as far as being an official candidate. To claim otherwise is to claim that either A) The agency in charge of verifying eligible candidates for the highest office in the land is utterly incompetent, B) Obama is just too good a con artist for those people to figure it out, or C) There's some kind of conspiracy going on, which includes every Republican in every branch of the federal government who isn't signing on to this ludicrous campaign. If you say A, you throw into doubt the eligibility of all past presidents. If you say B, you obviously have a much higher opinion of his capabilities than I do. If you say C, I have an alien spaceship filled with cancer cures to sell you.

Anyone who's still on the birther bandwagon obviously just doesn't care what he does. No matter what he shows them, they will always, automatically, dogmatically and unthinkingly say "Nuh-uh! That's not real either! You still haven't shown us the real one!" Why should anyone bother trying to appease people who have already decided in advance that they will never be appeased no matter what? Clearly they have some unspoken agenda underlying their actions and I bet I can guess what that is.

This man obviously see the big picture of how the Repbulican party works. They spend more time trying to dis credit the man than finding solutions to the nations problems. They are all lame and that is why our country is suffering now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's about how I feel. I don't know first hand on the hoops one has to jump through to run for the office, but I'd think that if there were requirements they would have a very involved systems of checks in place to get the required documentation.
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 04-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

this is almost as annoying and pointless as the people hoping that the government finds Bary Bonds guilty for possibly lying to Congress

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

This man obviously see the big picture of how the Repbulican party works. They spend more time trying to dis credit the man than finding solutions to the nations problems. They are all lame and that is why our country is suffering now.

Lol, yeah that's it.......

SCF Rewards
    Country

as far as what pee632 says... we see both sides go after things like this when it would probably be more effective to go after more substantial items. Dems did it to bush with his national guard / military service. I'd much rather see someone disagree with a politicians ideals more so than things similar to this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast