Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

for one who hates being persecuted by the christians you sure do talk a big game... How about you believe what you want to believe and respect the opinions of others... You know... kinda of like you would appreciate if christians did

I always find it funny that the ones screaming not to preach to them are the same ones that will sit around and tell you why god is not real

As far as the questions regarding what to do to counter the christian extremists... I think it is being done... Being against the minority isnt really news though. They get on tv because of their news making... If i go to a rally to discredit one of them why would a news truck come out and film it? it is the same thing 99 percent of people already think

Agree. You know I don't like any type of extremist. Weather its a christian, muslim, jewish, budhist, atheist, racist or any other type of extremist. I belive in live and let live.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

for one who hates being persecuted by the christians you sure do talk a big game... How about you believe what you want to believe and respect the opinions of others... You know... kinda of like you would appreciate if christians did

I always find it funny that the ones screaming not to preach to them are the same ones that will sit around and tell you why god is not real

Respect is not deserved, it is earned. So far they haven't earned it. What they have earned is digust, contempt, hostility and dismissal. Even when I do offer them respect, they don't offer it to me. So what then, I'm obligated to respect them but they're not obligated to respect me? Forget that.

And as long as there are people out there trying to cram their religion into society's every orifice, you better be sure I'm going to fight back. You want America to end up like Iran?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Respect is not deserved, it is earned. So far they haven't earned it. What they have earned is digust, contempt, hostility and dismissal. Even when I do offer them respect, they don't offer it to me. So what then, I'm obligated to respect them but they're not obligated to respect me? Forget that.

And as long as there are people out there trying to cram their religion into society's every orifice, you better be sure I'm going to fight back. You want America to end up like Iran?

I want you to show at least a little respect for the people on this board who respect your opinion. It isnt a matter of earning anything... Its being a decent human being who is tolerant enough to understand different people have different opinions.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I want you to show at least a little respect for the people on this board who respect your opinion. It isnt a matter of earning anything... Its being a decent human being who is tolerant enough to understand different people have different opinions.

Don't waste your time on GBM. He has been met with nothing but civility and respect by the Christians in this thread, and he has responded by basically calling us idiots for believing what we do. We have all heard his well-reasoned opinions about various issues, and those who have disagreed with him have made reasoned responses. His retort is to call anyone who disagrees with him a fool and says we are trying to cram religion down his throat. For the record, we were all having a civil and productive discussion until he brought his tripe along. He is here to flame the thread and nothing more. Ignore him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't waste your time on GBM. He has been met with nothing but civility and respect by the Christians in this thread, and he has responded by basically calling us idiots for believing what we do. We have all heard his well-reasoned opinions about various issues, and those who have disagreed with him have made reasoned responses. His retort is to call anyone who disagrees with him a fool and says we are trying to cram religion down his throat. For the record, we were all having a civil and productive discussion until he brought his tripe along. He is here to flame the thread and nothing more. Ignore him.

I have to disagree. I really don't believe that GBM is here to flame the board. In this discussion we have strong christians like yourself, strong non believers like GBM and people like myself who are right down the middle. There is room for all of us on here. Let's not catch feelings, understand that a lot of the time we are not going to agree with each other, no one is trying to convert or deconvert anyone and finally remember this is just a leisure activity and not to take this discussion too seriously. If we can all do that we will enjoy this blog and believe it or not actually learn from each other.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See weth23's Items on eBay

I have to disagree. I really don't believe that GBM is here to flame the board. In this discussion we have strong christians like yourself, strong non believers like GBM and people like myself who are right down the middle. There is room for all of us on here. Let's not catch feelings, understand that a lot of the time we are not going to agree with each other, no one is trying to convert or deconvert anyone and finally remember this is just a leisure activity and not to take this discussion too seriously. If we can all do that we will enjoy this blog and believe it or not actually learn from each other.

I agree we can learn from one another but I don't think you can honestly say GBM never insulted what some of us Christians believe in. I chose to not respond to some of his comments but I know that others have called him out on it. There comes a point in time where nothing else can really be said without fanning the flames, which is why I stopped saying anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree we can learn from one another but I don't think you can honestly say GBM never insulted what some of us Christians believe in. I chose to not respond to some of his comments but I know that others have called him out on it. There comes a point in time where nothing else can really be said without fanning the flames, which is why I stopped saying anything.

You are right some of what he said may have been over the top but to be perfectly honest all of us (myself included) except for you have said something on here that rubbed someone the wrong way. Religion just like politics is a hot button topic and naturally people are going to get their feathers ruffled when their respective religion is discussed in a way that they disagree with. We just have to take it with a grain of salt and keep it moving.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See weth23's Items on eBay

It's true that religion is a hot button topic but people just need to learn how to communicate in gentler ways. I've said it before but how hard is it to say, "I hear your side of the argument but this is what I think and this is why it refutes that..."

I totally respect people's decision to not believe. A lot of it doesn't really make sense. But there comes a point where you just believe it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Once again I would like to offer an apology on my behalf to both sides of the argument from both sides of the argument for anything that anyone has said that offended anyone. I hope and pray to no one here was trying to offend anyone purpose and really would like to continue this discussion in a civil way. We are all adults and everyone has the right to be treated and respect like an adult. We all have different viewpoints on religion and this is a good educational tool for all of us.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Once again I would like to offer an apology on my behalf to both sides of the argument from both sides of the argument for anything that anyone has said that offended anyone. I hope and pray to no one here was trying to offend anyone purpose and really would like to continue this discussion in a civil way. We are all adults and everyone has the right to be treated and respect like an adult. We all have different viewpoints on religion and this is a good educational tool for all of us.

You don't have anything to apologize for. Neither you, nor anyone else in this thread, has stepped over the line but GBM. Let's keep the discussion going.

Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast