Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See trippsahoy!'s Items on eBay

what school do you think has the best all around sports program

UGA is definatly in the top 5 but maybe not #1. maybe ucla or stanford, although ucla is pretty bad in the 2 major sports(football, basketball) where uga is good in those and the smaller sports so i guess uga has a valid argument to be #1. UGA tied the national record for most national championships in one season with 7 in 1997. i think weve won like 19 national championships the past 5 years and have still been able to mainttain a good basketball and football program unlike ucla or stanford. so i would say uga has the best all around program. another place where uga gets very little respect and other "name" programs get respect just because of their name.
    Last edited by 99presspass; 07-31-2003 at 01:51 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

It's easily Texas... think about it... I don't even have to explain it if you think about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Iggy hit it on the head UT
    "Hook em Horns"

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Definitely Texas. Great basketball, baseball, football.

Tim

SCF Rewards

texas has i think better progams in the bigger sports like football and bball..... uga has it more in the others although they still have the football team that brings them back up

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Rutgers! They are consistantly bad in all 3 sports. :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See trippsahoy!'s Items on eBay

Originally posted by IggyWH
    It's easily Texas... think about it... I don't even have to explain it if you think about it.

i ment ALL sports. tennis, swimming stuff like that. not just the major sports. georgia had a GREAT basketball team, better than texas's by a good bit and our football team is better also, all texas has us in is baseball, so uga beats texas by a good bit
    Last edited by 99presspass; 07-31-2003 at 08:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well Football, Basketball, and Baseball are the major sports so they hold more weight than those other sports.

NO WAY is Georgia better than Texas in hoops. Texas is constantly a Top10 team year out. I would also say that Texas football program is a good bit better than Georgia's.

My buddy who runs track for Pitt told me Texas has a great track team. Texas finished second in Men's Swimming/Divings this year.

...and who gives a damn about these other so called sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country

haven't seen this years stats but if you look at last years sears directors cup - which determines this on a point system UT was second last year - stanford usually wins it based on the so called "other sports" georgia was in the top 10 as well

if you take sports fans care about and not sports that nobody watches unless you are family - then UT would beat out georgia almost every year

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hell, I never even knew there was such a damn thing... how uhhhh odd?

Anyways, Georgia was 15th.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast