Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Simply put, no. Look at how many people have (re)gained interest in the NBA because of the Heat's triumverate. A Heat "dynasty" would keep interest in the league and get people talking much more than an old, soon-to-be dismantled Mavs team. More talking = More ratings and interest = More money for the NBA. And we all know that's what it's all about.

An old, dismantled Mavs team beating a team with 3 young super-stars; I think that would be the talk of the town
    Andrew Bailey Supercollector: 224/255 not including 1/1's (87.8%); 254/458 cards including 1/1's(55.5%)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your example about the baseball umpire does make sense to a degree...however, if a player or manager is going insane and showing up the umpire, that person will undoubtedly be ejected from the game. Look at how many ejections happen when only one umpire is involved. Really, like JesRey has pointed out, it doesn't matter if they know they made the right or wrong call. It matters that you simply are not allowed to show up officials in the NBA these days. That's the bottom line, and a double standard.

There was actually a story by Wilbon in the Washington Post saying the exact opposite. If the ump knew he missed the call, do you think he would eject him, and look like an even bigger fool after the game?

SCF Rewards
    Country

There was actually a story by Wilbon in the Washington Post saying the exact opposite. If the ump knew he missed the call, do you think he would eject him, and look like an even bigger fool after the game?

If the MLB was cracking down on arguments like the NBA has been, yes...I also tend to disagree with Wilbon quite a bit; not a fan of his.

That's all I really have to say on the subject. I have my opinion, and you have yours, neither of which are clearly going to be changed. And with that, I look forward to an epic Game Three with fantastic officiating and a finish as great as last nights...two outta three ain't bad.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Pretend you hate the Heat more than anything else in the world. Would you rather see them get swept or have them play 6-7 close games?

I'd rather see them get swept, but more than that, I'd love more to see them lose 4 close games in a long series, makes me want to see them lose more..hence higher ratings, theres a reason the Heat/Mavericks game 1 got higher ratings than LA/Boston last year, people are watching to see the Heat lose, its quite simple.

Umps do it all the time, they don't want to look dumb.

If you have anything more to say, i'm unsubscribing so you can pm me
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

If the MLB was cracking down on arguments like the NBA has been, yes...I also tend to disagree with Wilbon quite a bit; not a fan of his.

That's all I really have to say on the subject. I have my opinion, and you have yours, neither of which are clearly going to be changed. And with that, I look forward to an epic Game Three with fantastic officiating and a finish as great as last nights...two outta three ain't bad.

I made a mistake, it actually wasn't by Wilbon (but I hate him, too). If you want, I can do some digging and find it. It was a great article.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd rather see them get swept, but more than that, I'd love more to see them lose 4 close games in a long series, makes me want to see them lose more..hence higher ratings, theres a reason the Heat/Mavericks game 1 got higher ratings than LA/Boston last year, people are watching to see the Heat lose, its quite simple.

Umps do it all the time, they don't want to look dumb.

If you have anything more to say, i'm unsubscribing so you can pm me

People are watching to see the Heat lose; exactly! If they play a long series, it means that the Heat would have had to win a few, which would get them to hate them even more and not even want to watch them, just see the score the next morning.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    See selby1286's Items on eBay

You obviously were not watching, but if you are going to be dumb enough to side with gladdy and nadeau about the refs, then I guess there's nothing I can do to stop you.

Calling someone dumb...isn't that a personal attack? Are we in 2nd grade?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Calling someone dumb...isn't that a personal attack? Are we in 2nd grade?

Nobody else seemed to have a problem with the word.........

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324